LJtii

Nice '73 at Cars n Coffee

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

This nice '73 showed up at our local, north San Diego cars-n-coffee this morning. A fully-restored sunroof car in a great color combination.

'73 2002.jpg

'73 2002 (1).jpg

'73 2002 (2).jpg

Locals refer to it as the "Secret Cars n Coffee"   A small gathering that usually has some very nice cars.

and yes   Every Saturday 

Exactly. It's the "Secret Car Club," and it theoretically requires an invite from someone you know in the club. And if I say any more they'll have to shoot me.

I ran into an E30 owner (see F40 picture) in Rancho Bernardo while running some errands with the "Grinch".  He "invited" me to take my car to the Secret Car Show in Rancho Santa Fe, so I decided to join the fun last Saturday.  I took my son Dylan, who is a budding car nut and we spent some quality Father/Son time drooling over the toys.  Despite having downtown Rancho Santa Fe closed for a police involved shooting it was a very fun event with some very nice people.  I had a nice chat with Dick R from the FAQ on the restoration progress of his 71 BMW 2002 and enjoyed sharing some tales of 2002 ownership.  We had to leave around 8:30AM for Basketball just as more cars began arriving, but we did manage to get some photos of some great cars.

Mark92131

IMG_1155.JPG

IMG_1364.JPG

IMG_1255.JPG

IMG_1285.JPG

IMG_1317.JPG

IMG_1344.JPG

IMG_1368.JPG

IMG_1304.JPG