Sign in to follow this  
rbaron

Fuel pump replacement '74 2002 advice request

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

I am looking for a new mechanical fuel pump for my '74 2002. Several places sell a Pierburg pump with number 7.02242.25.0. But the neck is shorter than the original pump, so the pump body will press against the coolant hose that runs below it.  Does anyone have advice about whether it is OK to install the pump even though it will press into the coolant hose?  Is it best to order a pump from BMW?  Pumps from BMW are back-ordered at least one or two months.  BMW lists 3 numbers (13311265192, 13311265193, 13311257784) - so it is not clear which one will fit.  Another pump number 13311261622 might fit, but lists date beginning 9/75 so BMW does not recommend it.  Does anyone have advice about which pump number will work? The car has a Weber carb instead of the original one, if that makes a difference.

Thanks! - I just sent Blunttech an email. I hope to hear from them after the weekend.

I think I responded late friday or early Sat but if this is a different request I have OE long neck pumps on the shelf and can help you Monday am from office  Sales@blunttech.com.. Hard to tie screen names with email address's