supertoasty02

$120 OBO 13 inch VIAL wheels w/ old tires

34 posts in this topic Last Reply

I picked up some turbines, so I'm selling the wheels that came with the car. 13 IN vial wheels. They are fitted with 185/70 tires NEGOTIATOR tires (heavily cracked). The wheels have very minimal scuffing and are in great shape. They have some scratches along the outer edge of the lip. 

They are mesh wheels (BBS style) three of them are gold and one was painted copper: poorly painted i should say.

Not alot of information on these wheels so i wasn't sure where to price them. If someone can give me more information that would help. 

Ill gather more details and post pictures tomorrow. 

image.jpeg

Edited by supertoasty02

15 hours ago, Bill Clower said:

I have seen these on a lot of '02s. What is the standard offset on a '02 anyway? I thought they were the same as e21.

Good question. I dont know but I know that these stick out just a tad bit. It did not affect handling for me or rub during turning.

It looked pretty good in my opinion.

On June 19, 2016 at 10:39 AM, Bill Clower said:

I have seen these on a lot of '02s. What is the standard offset on a '02 anyway? I thought they were the same as e21.

A stock 5" '02 rim is ET29.  A stock 5.5" e21 rim is ET18.  Thus, e21 rims on an '02 are mounted 11mm further outboard. This is the start of the fender-rubbing issue, one which isn't much of an issue provided you use an '02's stock 165/80 tires.  But most owners running e21 rims also mount tires wider than 165/80 -- e.g., 175/70, 185/70, or 205/60.  And thus a material rubbing issue is created -- some of which can be eliminated by rolling the fender lips and/or pulling the fenders.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

On 6/20/2016 at 8:04 AM, Conserv said:

A stock 5" '02 rim is ET29.  A stock 5.5" e21 rim is ET18.  Thus, e21 rims on an '02 are mounted 11mm further outboard. This is the start of the fender-rubbing issue, one which isn't much of an issue provided you use an '02's stock 165/80 tires.  But most owners running e21 rims also mount tires wider than 165/80 -- e.g., 175/70, 185/70, or 205/60.  And thus a material rubbing issue is created -- some of which can be eliminated by rolling the fender lips and/or pulling the fenders.

Regards,

Steve

Actually ours are 6" wheels but that's not a lot of difference. Now it makes sense why e30 go on the '02 often, thanks.