Pstegner

Good restoration shops seattle, wa

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi I am restoring a tii and am looking for a good restoration shop in the Seattle area.  I have the car stripped down and many new panels that need to be installed.  I have removed the old panels, but would prefer a shop with a large shot welder to install the new panels.  I really would like the look of the spot welds, I think it looks more original.  Thanks.

I had good luck with Elliot at Elhot Metal Fab, now located on Airport Way in Georgetown:  http://www.elhotmetalfab.com. He is well known to the Porsche community. Not sure he was the welder you want, but he will recommend someone if he can't do it. Great guy who did excellent work on my 2002 (nose replacement with a used part, plus some fabrication of sections of panels). He only does metal work, no painting, etc.

1 hour ago, Pstegner said:

Hi I am restoring a tii and am looking for a good restoration shop in the Seattle area.  I have the car stripped down and many new panels that need to be installed.  I have removed the old panels, but would prefer a shop with a large shot welder to install the new panels.  I really would like the look of the spot welds, I think it looks more original.  Thanks.

call midnight motorsports....ask Patrick

call racecraft.........ask Jim or terry

16 hours ago, Chamonix72 said:

Eurotech Body Werkes in Kirkland. You will spend big money, but it will be done correctly.

my personal experience, would not recommend, and unfortunately don't have a recommendation for any one else.

Another vote for Racecraft in Woodinville.  Terry and Jim do outstanding work.  

J-Rod and Custom in Auburn does great work. They won a design award from GM at SEMA the year before last for a '67 Nova they built. They are currently building an E30 two door wagon for Griot's Garage. They are also working on an Espada at the moment. They've worked on my '72 Pontiac LeMans and several of my dad's cars. I plan on giving my '76 to them to perform the body work.