• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monterey 2016

• Administrators

well, that was an incredible weekend!  i think i finally recovered. 64 2002s at the legends of the autobahn with 17 of them being judged in the 2002 category.  I have no idea how many made it tot he BMW CCA Corral, i forgot to count. We did end up with 15 '02s on the track during the Sunday Parade lap. (we might have a video coming).

I was happy to meet so many more 2002 owners. And a few of you i met for the for the second time :). I think name tags worked very well, i will keep doing that for all future events. 

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

+1 on Recovery.  What a weekend. Wow.  Carmel Thurs to catch the cars going to the concours on the avenue + a friend of mine that has the blue schnitzer engined o2 at the track and had also put in an order 6 months ago for a Singer Porsche.  Singer had an "event" Thursday night at an estate up in the Santa Lucia Preserve we got an invite to - pretty cool.  They had 6 or 7 cars there, Jay Leno and a bunch of other folks.  Had a really great time at LOTA on Friday, perfect weather really (last year was HOT).  Not a big deal, but surprising to see the grass at the golf course in such sad shape - the cars look better on grass (a little snarky I know ... but its true I think).  A really enjoyable day with lots of cool cars and people to go with.  Saturday spent all day at the track.  Had planned on meeting Andy Bovensiepen, unfortunately not around.  Was great to catch up with a bunch of friends who did have their sh*t together and had their cars their (Bill - Martini CSL, Sam - Red 02 with Schnitzer engine, Gerry / Mario - Blue 02 with Schnitzer engine, Cory - Busby IMSA 320 ..... and a bunch of others).  These cars were special to see as I had been following progress on them for years. Sam's car had my header on it, sadly that car was sick all weekend and didn't run (well).

http://www.alpinabmw2002.com

• Administrators

It looks like i took almost no photos as i had the FAQ Official photographer with me.

They are in reverse order

Parade Lap on Sunday

2016-08-21 11.08.05.jpg

Coffee for the New Klasse and Kaffee

2016-08-20 09.09.42.jpg

Morning line up at Laguna Seca on Saturday

2016-08-20 07.55.09.jpg

End of the day at the Legends

2016-08-19 15.49.24.jpg

Tourings on the road

2016-08-18 14.00.04.jpg

Stinky Grandpa

2016-08-18 13.59.26.jpg

New Steering Wheel installed 

2016-08-18 12.04.47.jpg

New steering wheel arriving as i was checking oil for the trip.  Thanks @Hans W.

2016-08-18 11.33.37.jpg

Proper Camping Packing (Tourings are awesome):

2016-08-18 11.09.13.jpg

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, freedo said:

i may get around to posting the pics on here but if you want to see them i have a bunch here https://www.flickr.com/cameraroll 

that URL won't work as it is generic and different per user, you can either point us to an album or your photo stream, something like https://www.flickr.com/photos/misfit76/

Steve K.

5 hours ago, steve k. said:

that URL won't work as it is generic and different per user, you can either point us to an album or your photo stream, something like https://www.flickr.com/photos/misfit76/

Steve K.

shit lets see if this works.  if not then the account name is freedo70 https://www.flickr.com/photos/106177133@N05/

Edited by freedo

Here are some of my pics... ! 

Pics of Tesoro's journey is in my blog!  ;)

IMG_9432.JPG

IMG_9435-1.JPG

IMG_9437.JPG

IMG_9438.JPG

IMG_9439.JPG

IMG_9440.JPG

IMG_9441.JPG

IMG_9442.JPG

IMG_9450.JPG

IMG_9452.JPG

IMG_9453.JPG

IMG_9454.JPG

IMG_9467.JPG

IMG_9468.JPG

IMG_9469.JPG

IMG_9493.JPG

IMG_9494.JPG

IMG_9495.JPG

IMG_9496.JPG

IMG_9499.JPG

IMG_9550.JPG

Edited by 02princessLisa

Lisa 02princess -  SF Bay Area

73 2002  - "TESORO" 2585434  <>  67 1600  - "DERBY" 1514011 <> 65 R60/2 "Gigi" Motorad w/Sidecar

02princesslisa@gmail.com     https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/143-02princesslisa-with-her-tesoro-derby/

instagram: MotoLisa.02P

I got home last night after my epic road cruise. 2500 miles, over 40 hours behind the wheel, many hours @  4500-5000 rpm and the car ran really well. Only a couple of hiccups; the nuts on the manifold heat shield worked loose after 3 hrs. of driving and one of the studs broke. I tightened the remaining nuts and it solved the terrible noise issue.I live at 6000 ft so the car ran really lean on the coast and I ended up running partial to full choke to smooth it out. It seemed to be happy that way until I was able to make it back to the high deserts. 

Thanks to Dang and the Sacramento gang for the caravan to Santa Cruz! Good to meet you Steve K. and all the other 02ers. And thanks to Rob @ 2002Haus for the warm welcome!

This event is a mecca for sports car lovers and I'll definitely consider it again. My only complaint is that there is too much to see and do. I had 2 days in Monterey and decided to focus on the track. I'm glad I did because there was more than enough to see and take in there and could have seen more. I did see quite the car showing in Monterey in the evenings but missed LOTA and other shows. I even missed the 02 lineup somehow? We'll try the next time! 

DSC03029.JPG

IMG_1264.JPG

IMG_1360.JPG

IMG_1281.JPG

75 2002 polaris 2365430

88 325ix zinnoberrot

2 days is def not enough time.

you need about a week to do it right. i've been going for a long time and anything less then 5-7 days is a waste imho

18' Racing Yellow 911 GT3
71' Agave Green 2002
10' Silver Landcruiser 200 series
10' White Landcruiser Prado 150 series