• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 73 tii coming up for sale…. :-(

TR

OK.  I should have waited to give FAQ the heads-up....organizing pictures and figuring out where to list the sale takes time!!  A lot of time and if I recall correctly The Hack said it takes a ton of time.  He's right!  Anyway here is a link to some of the pics I have.  More will be added so don't yell at me yet. 

https://goo.gl/photos/M7wSq4N1bPLrRf2JA

Let me know if it does not work.  Thanks.  TR

'71 MGB - sold   '74 2002 - sold

'89 XR4Ti - sold  '94 Miata R Package - sold

'73 tii - restoration project - sold

Looks like a great car.  It could go the F Bomb "mechanical rebuild and drive" route, or full-blown resto.  Although the first option I might include some structural rust repair, too.  

Good luck selling it; I can see how you would be disappointed to let it go.  Steer it towards a sympathetic owner.  I recently contacted the guy I bought my tii from in 1987 - I sent him some pics in an email, and a general message of "hey your old cars is alive and kicking!"  He emailed me back - said it was his favorite car and that he picked a good caretaker.  

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

As always, great suggestions and advice from FAQ.  Several people have contacted me about purchasing the car and it would be great to keep it here in the "family" so I'm thinking about how this might work.  I'll post more pics at google photos tonight and thanks for all your help.  Note: If I win the lottery the sale is cancelled! :-)  And I've attached a few pics for your entertainment.. my tool box from the 80s and the trade/purchase doc from the first owner.  Obviously he wanted more performance!!  TR

tool box.jpg

documents.jpg

1 hour ago, TR said:

As always, great suggestions and advice from FAQ.  Several people have contacted me about purchasing the car and it would be great to keep it here in the "family" so I'm thinking about how this might work.  I'll post more pics at google photos tonight and thanks for all your help.  Note: If I win the lottery the sale is cancelled! :-)  And I've attached a few pics for your entertainment.. my tool box from the 80s and the trade/purchase doc from the first owner.  Obviously he wanted more performance!!  TR

tool box.jpg

documents.jpg

For continuities sake, Leonard Motors is now BMW of Newton, at the same address in Jersey.  Pretty cool piece of history for the car!

For reference - there was a two owner very dry original 73 inca tii that sold in San Diego for around 23k. I was able to drive it and it was a very solid car. I was second in line after somebody backed out. I believe it was on Craigslist a few weeks before for 18k. It had a PPI from La Jolla BMW and even they said 18k was pushing it due to it needing all rubbers replaced (quoted at 8k), rust in spare wheel, and a few other things. I was ready to buy but lost out to a cash buyer.

I guess it is down to the buyer though as these things seem to be going for higher and higher prices. My concern would be it being an east coast car and of course rust. With that said it is a very nice car and Colorado is a beautiful color.

Edited by sealions518

I'll try to post more pics tonight and see if there is a good/fair way to keep it in the family.  The challenge is as Sealion said, the values are going higher and higher.  Not many are left and my intention always was to save it drive/enjoy.  And how many of us could have bought one X years ago for a fraction of what they sell for now....  :-)

1 hour ago, TR said:

I'll try to post more pics tonight and see if there is a good/fair way to keep it in the family.  The challenge is as Sealion said, the values are going higher and higher.  Not many are left and my intention always was to save it drive/enjoy.  And how many of us could have bought one X years ago for a fraction of what they sell for now....  :-)

I'll be honest, you have something special. In my opinion, next to an E30 M3 and 2002 Turbo you have a one of the all time made gems by BMW. So don't be afraid to price it to what you think even if it may be higher then what it should be, I'm sure with the supply and demand of that car you will have a buyer. But worse comes to worse, if it doesn't sell at your price then I'm sure you will get feedback from a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum to the reason why its not priced right. Then you can try to re-price it.  

I'll be curious to see what it sells for - i will be looking out for it.