• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 73 tii coming up for sale…. :-(

TR

Hi Guys – I’m not happy doing it but health issues are pushing me to sell my tii. 

I will be listing it on ebay as soon as I have all the pictures/information together.  As some of you know my tii is unique because it has never been restored, still has all the factory sheet metal and Colorado paint.  Having spent the past 20+ years in warehouse storage it is in very good condition.  Engine runs smoothly, 180 lbs compression in all cylinders. The rust issues are clear to see and have not been covered up with quick fixes.

I’ll be happy to have a conversation with any FAQer that is looking for a tii but I do plan on letting eBay tell us what the value of the car is.  PM if you have questions.

Thanks,

TR

tii in driveway.jpg

Edited by TR
Sold

'71 MGB - sold   '74 2002 - sold

'89 XR4Ti - sold  '94 Miata R Package - sold

'73 tii - restoration project - sold

I sure love and will miss this site.  Too bad FAQ does not have an auction system like eBay and the other obvious place to list. I tried the other site but had technical problems between their website and my computer. A car guy I respect said eBay "can work" so I figured I'd give it a try.  Note: I'd gladly give a commission to FAQ if we had an auction system in place.  And for the record, I'm proud that I took the time 20+ yrs. ago to properly store the tii vs. parking it under a tree in the back yard.  When I pulled the valve cover it still looks like it did in the 80's....

tii valve cover off.jpg

I'm interested too. You should have an idea of what you'd take for it, if someone made you an offer. Do you have a reserve price in mind? Can you describe the rust in more detail? Shock towers, etc? Great looking car. I'm getting frustrated I can't find a decent roundie within a couple hundred mile drive. I'll be watching eBay.

Edited by JS02

I did not expect so much attention from my "heads-up" about selling my tii.  I just got back from family/neighborhood gatherings and will have answers for you tomorrow.  I'll PM everyone I have messages from as well so if you don't get a relpy let me know.  TR

I suggest NOT using eBay, I 'sold' the same car 3 times and never got paid. I disputed the $180 X 3 charge from ebay and they never returned it.

Screw ebay. Just set the price you want for it and let people negotiate, you will be happier.

Matt

Current: nada

Sold: 1974 Inka 2002tii ($15,500), 1974 Polaris 2002tii ($8k), 1975 Polaris 2002 ($1,800), 1973 Colorado 2002 ($10k), 1967 Sahara 1600 ($11,500), F10 //M5 ($42k), E60 //M5 ($15,500)

Classic Car Scrapper: https://petroljunky.com

As always, a wealth of info here at FAQ.  Matt - 3 times and no sale?  That is making me rethink where to list.  I may go with my original plan: B_T.

I'm working on pics that will clearly show the car and its flaws.  Anyone have a favorite free cloud based photo site to suggest?

JS02 - I agree with you but want to let the market decide the value of the car.  I think this one is tricky because it has big pluses but there is rust.  Fenders and door bottoms (not a big deal in my opinion) but under the rear seat there is rust where the subframe attaches.  Structurally sound at this point but needs to be fixed at some point.  Front strut towers and rear shock towers are rust free.  Rockers look fine. No cracks in the dash.  Matching numbers. All docs from new with original window sticker.  Two sets of wheels:  13" Cromodoras and 14" bottle caps.  Original gas tank no leaks but also a NOS tank bought from BMW...

lilmo - Yes you got me on the not driving if for 20+yrs but at least it was stored with fresh fluids, oil in the cylinders and silicone brake/clutch fluid.

Hopefully pics tonight...

4 hours ago, movieprodw said:

I suggest NOT using eBay, I 'sold' the same car 3 times and never got paid. I disputed the $180 X 3 charge from ebay and they never returned it.

Screw ebay. Just set the price you want for it and let people negotiate, you will be happier.

Matt

I've heard similar stories before about eBay.  

I've also heard from others that Bringatrailer is strange sometimes as well.  They have copywriters that ultimately post what ends up on their websites, not the individual seller.  I've heard (from a 2002 owner/seller actually) they take liberties with their descriptions.

Edited by zuggerat

On 5/30/2016 at 2:48 PM, zuggerat said:

I've heard similar stories before about eBay.  

I've also heard from others that Bringatrailer is strange sometimes as well.  They have copywriters that ultimately post what ends up on their websites, not the individual seller.  I've heard (from a 2002 owner/seller actually) they take liberties with their descriptions.

That may be. But the seller has an opportunity to clarify the description, as well as respond to the community while the BaT auction is live.

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.