• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone ever seen a 2000 tii in the U.S.? Pictures?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

FWIW looking at the registry of NK cars there is not a single 2000tii listed. However it was a real model, it was in fact BMW's first production fuel injected car. It's just extremely uncommon.

You could make one out of a 2000ti and a tii motor sort of : )

-Andrey

Guest Anonymous

In the scenes with the family riding in the car, the 1800's wheels weren't turning? Someone off-camera was rocking the car and that was a rear-projection screen behind a stationary car...and

2. The Volvo 544 had no driver?

Are you sure that wasn't Norwegian?

Hilarious...shows how far advertising has come in 40 or so years...

Mike

Guest Anonymous

The designation 2000tii was used for the four door saloons produced in 1969, in total 1952 cars (VIN# 148001 - 1481952).

After that it was used exclusively for the (2002) touring model. From 71 to 73 5059 cars have been built (VIN# 3420001 - 3425059). Then in 73 they changed its name to 2002tii Touring and built another 724 cars (VIN#3430001 - 3430724).

My father owned a 4-door 1800 at the time. Magnificent car. I recently bought a 2000tii Touring - smells and drives like my old 2002...