• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone ever seen a 2000 tii in the U.S.? Pictures?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I realise that only about 2000 of the tiis were ever produced, and that they were never officially imported to the U.S. Still, I'm sure a couple must have sneaked in! I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen one in the flesh or if you have come across one for sale...

I've become obsessed with the NK cars! I want to get one as a nice daily driver and to keep it more or less stock...I just think they're soooo cool in a goofy kind of way!

Coop

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.thedotcommune.com/NK/index.html

I've never seen a 2000tii, only pictures. Heck, I've only seen a 8 or 10 NKs in person and I've owned or parted out half of those. Here's a link to Andrey's NK site if you haven't already discovered it. You can also check the NK forum on Roadfly.

Good luck on your search for a 2000 tii. I think that would be a fantastic car to have. In my book, its right up there with a TISA or Alpina NK.

Karl

'65 1800TI

Guest Anonymous

I agree with you that these cars are just fantastic! I can already see myself cruising along with my hands on that big wheel! I am actually pursuing one right now and will let you know what happens! My dream would be a 2000 tii...but that's obviously a pipe dream! Oh well, a tilux would be pretty hot too!

Best,

Coop

Guest Anonymous

BMW's very first car with Kugelfisher injection. I saw one on German Ebay a few months ago, white. There's a guy that used to live about 20 minutes from me, Terry Baker, moved out west (Colorado I believe) a few years ago, Terry has an 1800TiSa and a 2002Turbo. Also, I was e-mailed earlier today by Jeff, Jeff and his wife Patricia live in Florida and they have a 1969 2000 automatic, green, he sent me pictures of the car, nice looking 2000, clean and straight. Coop, an equally rare Neue Klasse car is the final year 1800, it had a rear taillamp change and front grille change, the taillamps of the final year 1800 ( I think '72) are horizontal, like the basic 2000 and the front grille has the chrome/black slat look, never brought into the U.S., good luck with 2000TiLux,

Tim

'74 2002

'69 2000

'89 Corolla

Guest Anonymous

I love the engineer guy. The way he stares into the camera and blinks after demonstrating the vent windows is priceless. My favorite part is the fake driving bit, where the NK passes the Volvo Amazon, and the little kids lean out the window to taunt the old slowpoke. Great stuff.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

I have also heard that some first generation 5's were built with a tii engine, I have to go back to the library to research this one.

Michael

Guest Anonymous

The 5 Series was launched in the year of the Summer Olympic Games in Munich with the 520 and 520i.

The first 5 Series model was a mid-sized sedan with a new unit body and all-independent suspension. A European model, it was produced as the 520 with a 115hp twin-carb 4-cylinder and the 520i with a fuel-injected 130hp motor. These engines were the same ones used in the 2002 and 2002tii.

Guest Anonymous

That was AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for the link! What a great clip of history, in Swedish seems to give it that extra kick! Where did they find that tech guy? and the man with his wife and the bonnet? LOL! Thank you!

Guest Anonymous

THEY MADE 3 BODY STYLES . A SEDAN , COUPE & BAUR CONVERTIBLE .

THE 700 COUPE WAS THE FIRST BMW TO BE CALLED A "cs "

THEY WERE IMPORTED IN MUCH SMALLER NUMBERS THAN

THE ISETTA . THE 1960s WERE AN OBSCURE DECADE FOR

BMW IN THE USA . THE 2002 SURE CHANGED THAT .