• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not seen everyday: Supercharged '74 with patina retained. $27.5k, SF

twistinglane

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5556182101.html

Not mine...

--------------------

Drivetrain
- BMW 1991 318is Engine and Transmission with 156K Miles
- Downing Atlanta Supercharger w/ 9 PSI Pulley Kit
- Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator
- JB Racing 9lb Flywheel
- Spec 2+ Clutch 
- Custom exhaust manifold/downpipe and muffler

Interior
- Recaro SRD seats wrapped in red leather
- New Carpets
- Speedhut Speedometer
- Speedhut Tachometer
- Autometer Boost Gauge
- Wideband Oxygen Sensor
- Z3 Short Shifter w/ new Bushings

Suspension
- Bilstein/eibach lowering springs/shocks
- 318is Basketweeve Rims and tires

Exterior
- European integrated Clear Turn Signals
- H4/HID headlight Conversion
- Patina - Treated paint

Very well balanced and well thought out. 
Really looking for a buyer who appreciates the cars capability and intent. Price is negotiable within reason. Not interested in trades.

00p0p_5jUi1de4aS6_600x450.jpg

00H0H_b1WVJ90onWC_600x450.jpg

00R0R_1nYHU5umg0V_600x450.jpg

Iv'e seen this car on the road before. Here is a photo of it taken while in my '74 Pastel Blau one morning commuting to work. 
I remember the driver not showing a single interest, or any sort of "camaraderie" when I gave him a wave— I mean, c'mon, it's not just any 02, but one in the same color! He gave zero shits.  As posted by others before, not all 2002 people, are "2002 people" 

imageproxy_1.jpg

1973 2002 Touring + Alpina A4  /  RHD 

Mine was price at 15k....Which isn't bad for a pretty well sorted 02 without rust issues and some nice  mods....a spare running motor, Getrag 245, and a spare set of BBS 15" rims...

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2016 BMW 535i M Sport

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

I love his update ad...

"**UPDATES I've lowered the price to reflect its appraised value**
Forgive the previous (and outrageous) shot in the dark."

Lol at least he knows it was outrageous. Still it's 18k.  I wish him luck.  

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2016 BMW 535i M Sport

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

Morning rant...please forgive me in advance.. I'm not affiliated with the seller.

Cars are worth what people are willing to spend on them.  We all know that Restoration/modification costs can out pace car market value in a blink of an eye, especially if your not your own mechanic.  Clearly there has been some time and money spent on this car by all the mods listed and to a crowd of enthusiasts that can be either bad or good depending on individual goals for the car. Final thoughts:

• As a fan of capitalism I applaud anyone trying to get the most money for their sale.  
  • As BMW enthusiast I'd prefer a stock car versus a modified one (that will also create value)
  • As someone who has spent thousands on car mods I also understand the mind set of someone trying to recoup those expenditures. To bad it rarely happens. 
  • buying someone else's heavily modified car can be a risk

I wish him luck, but I have to agree that there is some room to negotiate on this one.

• 2 weeks later...