jimalameda

BMW 2002 Car Cover Selection

8 posts / 1600 viewsLast Reply

Who has purchased car covers for their 2002's recently. Type Noah, Evolution, Micro Bead, etc?

Where online and cost?

Thanks,

jimalameda

74 2002 sienabraun

Part #: C8781GK
Description: Covercraft Custom Fit Car Cover: 1975 BMW 2002 Without mirror pockets (Evolution - GK Gray) Size G2 (Options: Gust Guard / Large Black Tote Bag)
Price: $250.00

I am about to purchase this one. I'll update my post after it arrives and I've had a chance to check it out. Quality looks great and the reviews are all positive. If you want to splurge a bit you can get it in one of many colors.  

CoverKing AutoBody Armor Custom

CoverKing Price: $437

Link:

https://www.coverking.com/autobody-armor-for-1972-bmw-2002tii-base.html

Amazon Price: $321 (same cover but only available in gray)

Link: 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003C6GM1U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_B-GJxb334P3V8

CoverKing has several different types of covers. They may have a cheaper one depending on your needs. Which ever one you go with make sure you check Amazon as well. They are around $100 less on Amazon in almost all cases.

NOAH cover from Bav Auto. Works great. I paid the difference on the warranty replacement for the Bav Auto cover which was discontinued. I'll miss the lifetime warranty replacement.

(edited)

I prefer the SoCal Redneck Cheeseball method:  2 of the $35 cheapies from Pep Boys, and I use 'em both at the same time ..... double-bagging, so to speak.

Cheers,

Carl

Edited by OriginalOwner

14 hours ago, OriginalOwner said:

I prefer the SoCal Redneck Cheeseball method:  2 of the $35 cheapies from Pep Boys, and I use 'em both at the same time ..... double-bagging, so to speak.

Cheers,

Carl

Which may be okay in a low humidity environment. Here in the UK, a high humidity/damp environment, the cheapies just promote condensation, especially if you put them on when the car is damp or not parked on a hard standing.   

I got mine from Car Covers.com.  They have different textures and qualities depending what you want to spend and what you want to use it for.  I have for when its outside so I got two of the all weather ones that have a 10 year warranty.  Pretty much wrapping your car with a NASA looking fabric!!