• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT: planning a new garage, need some advice (very long)

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Maybe I should try putting a piece of cardboard underneath as added insulation. I've never been a fan of creepers... and carpet is easier to throw in the trunk and take with you too. I've used it many times on the side of the road.

Karl

Guest Anonymous

I appreciate you taking the time to outline some of the pitfalls. I will make some calls and find out what it takes to do it right.

Your two-post lift suggestion on creating "storage ramps" has totally changed my mind on this issue - a marvelous idea.

Thanks again! I'll do my best to avoid becoming a horror story.

Karl

Guest Anonymous

It can be simple. Balancing the load and, having a locating bump so you don't have

a dangerous condition developed from parking in different part of the ramp.

This would change if a different wheel base vehicle is stored...

Guest Anonymous

When I was boy who watched way too much tv I was completely convinced (along with my friends)

that Bruce Waine's Manor really existed and since we had ridden my bicycles past this house we, had discovered the secret location of the coolest garage of them in the universe - THE BAT CAVE!!

Years were spent pawing around in the adjacent arroyo seco area in the San Rafael area in Pasadena

The fact that the area was also the 'rural target course' used by the 'roving archer society' seemed to just reinforce the idea that the 'Cave' existed. Later musings reveal - That means Pasadena was "Gothem city!"

Certainly this explain's that my totally delusional obsession with the garage

has a very early genisus.

In secret, I also think of the 1600/2002 as a 'Batmoble' Shush!

Guest Anonymous

I ask because I recently bought a tiny--and I do mean tiny--house in west hollywood just because it has a 3 car garage. It was built in the 1930s and needs a little work. when I get some money saved, probably mid-2004, I will have work for some combination of people who know what they are doing. Should I contact you?

Or have one or more of your jokes gone over my head?

thx

Lee