elche2002

Mechanic Needed 4 my 1972 Bimmer

2 posts / 945 viewsLast Reply

I need a mechanic, not a shop for it will be too costly, who works from home or during the weekend, so I can drop my '72 2002 for lots of minor work so at the end I can have it painted. Body is in great condition and zero rust for what I can tell.

My wife keeps telling me to get rid of "your junk of a car" but was my first car when I bought it in college in 1978 and is the last thing I want to loose, besides my wife :).

I am sure that many of you in here have been in the same spot. I am in Westwood near Ucla but willing to have the car tow in the valley or another location outside the busy pricey areas of LA. TIA!

I'm a mechanic for classic cars and I can tell you one thing. If someone is working for cheap they are working cheaply. You won't believe the horror I have seen done to classics like our 2002's by mobile and home mechanics. Any mechanic worth their salt will be working for a reputable shop or will have their own shop with all the tools, equipment and experience to get the job done right. I'd hate to see you pay money for work that will cause more harm than good. What kind of work needs to be done?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.