COUPE9

02 drive? 02 meetup?

63 posts / 3850 viewsLast Reply

Hey PNW 02'ers...

It looks like the event at Don Armeni Park (in West Seattle) was a massive success (even with the cloudy skies).  Bummed I wasn't able to make it out.

Anyways, I need a deadline for getting my 2002 road-going...    ...long story short, but the previous owner I acquired it from, hadn't driven it in over 15-years, so I've been sorting it out.

Aside from the Burgers & BMW's event coming in May, is anyone interested in getting an 02 drive or 02 meetup going?  Maybe late-April?  This will give me time to get 'er running, as well as time for the skies to dry up a bit.

If you like the idea, toss out some potential meeting spots, drive routes, whatever, and we'll get something going.

Thanks,

Brandon J. Kelly

brandon@COUPE9.com

www.COUPE9.com

I'm in as well. Drive, meet, whatever. Rain doesn't bother me.

OP: what's a realistic date to set so you can make it? Sounds like 5/29 is later than you want. What would be too soon?

I'm totally down — although a spot somewhere in the middle where'd it be convenient for both Portland & Seattle folks (and rest of PNW).

Otherwise, totally down! We should all grab a bite too!

Okay, so the interest is out there...   ...very cool.

Not sure about everyone else, but given my schedule & status of my car, I'd like to look at early-May.

That said, how about Saturday, May 21st? 

That Sunday before is the BMW-CCA Puget Sound Regions' "100-year anniversary event" at LeMay, so I'm sure some of you (including me) will be making your way to that.  So, let's do a drive (and a bite) that following Saturday.

Thoughts?

If that works, we'll need route ideas.  I was thinking about Leavenworth..   ..scenic drive, scenic setting & some beer...   ...but am open to ideas.

Alright, I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Only thing about Leavenworth, is that tends to be a fall drive. That one sporadically goes on from year to year, it really just depends on the year. I know this summer I would like to do Mt. Rainier again, we did that 5 years ago and it was a ball! I would also love to spend a LONG day and do the North Cascades Highway. For our friends on the peninsula, I would love to go out to Neah Bay and back around the mountain on the south side. Again, a really long day :P Now to get my arse on putting that 5 speed in....

So it sounds like we have 3 consecutive events to rally around:

1. The BMW-CCA  Lemay Museum event on 5/15, http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/events/bmw-100th-birthday-party-celebration-at-americas-car-museum/
  2. This meet and drive on 5/21
  3. The Burgers & BMW meet at XXX Root Beer on 5/29

Maybe we should plan something in June instead?

Brandon, Nathan and Russell, is the 5/15 event enough of a deadline for you guys?

Well, as my original post states, I need a deadline to strive for...    ...so, it looks like that's 5/15. 

I'm already taking my E9 to the 100-year event, but I will have a friend drive the (hopefully running) 2002 as well...   ...that way, any "bugs" can be sorted (if need be) between then and the following weekend drive (on 5/21).

Regarding routes, again, I'm "open"...   ...something scenic that will attract the most attendees.

Planning a trip out to Seattle in late April, hopefully with my rebuilt engine "kicking it up" several notches.  I would be great to make some of the local events in May.

April's almost over. How are all the projects coming along? I hope to get my car back from Patrick soon with a megasquirt conversion and I'm looking forward to getting out to some of these events.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.