COUPE9

02 drive? 02 meetup?

63 posts / 3824 viewsLast Reply

Where is the xxxrootbeer meet? Can't make this weekend, not much in the way of brakes, but the parts are on the porch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where is the xxxrootbeer meet? Can't make this weekend, not much in the way of brakes, but the parts are on the porch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Teelinger said:

Perfect! I happen to live in Ballard. Where do you guys want to meet?

Know any cute little coffee shops with decent parking in the area?

Cute? Yes, tons. Parking? Mmm, not so much.

There's a famer's market every Sunday in Ballard so we should stay away from the main drag off Market St. Traffic and parking gets messy down there.

It might be easier to meet in the parking lot of the Nickerson Street Saloon right by the Fremont Bridge: http://nickersonstreetsaloon.net. There's a drive through coffee shack type of place in the parking lot that sells serviceable coffee and a decent breakfast burrito too. We can head down the road and catch I-5 from the Mercer St entrance from there.

Another option is the meet at El Camion's parking lot right by Ballard High School. Killer breakfast burritos and surprisingly decent coffee too. http://www.elcamionseattle.com/our-restaurant/

Or if good coffee/food is not a big deal, we could meet at the Dick's Burgers parking lot on Holman Road.

https://www.bing.com/mapspreview?&ty=18&q=Dick%27s%20Drive-In%20Seattle%20WA&ss=ypid.YN926x44988175&ppois=47.696460723877_-122.371803283691_Dick%27s%20Drive-In_YN926x44988175~&cp=47.696461~-122.371803&v=2&sV=1

Any preference?

James

18 minutes ago, Teelinger said:

There's a famer's market every Sunday in Ballard so we should stay away from the main drag off Market St. Traffic and parking gets messy down there.

Ahh yes, I wouldn't want to get in the parking mess of the farmers market.

19 minutes ago, Teelinger said:

Another option is the meet at El Camion's parking lot right by Ballard High School. Killer breakfast burritos and surprisingly decent coffee too. http://www.elcamionseattle.com/our-restaurant/

This sounds like a winner to me!

Scommando, I think we're talking about doing a group event sometime in June, but it hasn't been finalized yet.

James

I just registered for the Lemay event. It looks like I'll pick my car up Saturday, and will have to spend most of the day cleaning it, but it's motivation to scrub the engine bay so I can show off my new EFI setup.

While it's tempting to head over to Ballard and join the caravan, that makes for a bit too early of a Sunday morning. See you all there.

Well, as we approach Sunday's event, I haven't made ANY progress on the 2002...   ...the triple-Weber-carb setup (on my E9) took priority, and it will be there on Sunday.  That said, I'd still like to meet as many of you as possible, and work towards a get-together/drive (in June?)...   ...so, if you see me walking around, please introduce yourselves.  I'll be in a black "COUPE 9" shirt.  See everyone on Sunday!!

Sounds good. We'll look for you.

Besides Brett (Bento) and Nathan (roadhog) who else is planning on going?

Also, who else is planning on meeting BlueBMW and me at El Camion in Ballard at 8am to caravan down to Tacoma?

James

I am showing my car there.  I am coming from spanaway so I will just see you guys there.  Mine is a driver in progress :)

I'll see you guys Sunday.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.  Can't do the meet-up beforehand, but am shooting to arrive in Tacoma around 9:30. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.