Greetings. I'm a newish member. Here is my project.

I don't want to start a project blog, but I thought some of you might be interested in what I'm doing.  I have learned a lot from the site; thanks to all the posters.

Before:

IMG_3094_zpsxjl6nyhb.jpg

IMG_3101_zpsyzqo7y9q.jpg

IMG_3245_zpsmk6gkrog.jpg

Engine after:

IMG_4014_zps1riia9ho.jpg

Interior after

rDSC_0320_zpsdceyfd6z.jpg:

DSC_0305_zpswyhh3kmb.jpg

Turbo bodykit and big brakes are in progress.  I know the purists might cringe, but the donor was really beyond saving for a restoration. 

DSC_0316_zpssnske1oz.jpg

The panel is a piece of wrinkle-finish ABS.  I fitted the panel into the existing binnacle.  I would prefer that it tilt up a bit more, but it is easy to read as is.  To make room I removed the dash switches, discarded the dummy, rear defrost & lighter and relocated the light switch to the center console.  The gauge backs fit into the space left by the OEM gauge cluster without any cutting.  At the moment, the assembly is attached with sheet metal screws driven into the dash panel.  If that proves insufficient, I will try rivnuts or something.

Edited by LateApex
  • 1 month later...

Looks good.

If I may make a comment. I don't like how the throttle rod runs from the pedal lever all the way to the throttle shaft at the carb manifold. I speak from experience and this "servo effect" will be very unpleasant for you. This is a simple but not a good way of making this throttle control connection. As the engine rocks back and forth under changing load, it will skew the intended throttle opening. Be sure you decouple this linkage with a cable set-up, which are available from few sources.