Jump to content

Thermostat Switch - Thread-in Probe

3 posts / 529 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts



I've been working on the AC in my 2002 and have come across a bit of a snag. I'm looking for a thermostat for my AC electric fan, I trying to track down a source for 180 degree thread-in probe switch's or I've seen it also called a terminal type switch. It threads into the water divider along with the temperature sending unit.  They look pretty much like the temperature sending units but they are switches that open up at 180 degrees to operate the electric fan for the AC. I can find all kinds of them that are 3/8" but nothing metric. Any good suggestions or work arounds. Thanks for any information.



Edited by willie002

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what you are threading into :) But E24, 28 etc BMW's had such switches threaded into the radiator. You might find an E21 water neck.




For my a/c I just wired the condenser fan to energize with the compressor. And then I wired in a small manual pull switch in case I wanted to cut power to the fan at cruising. Haven't mounted that yet, though...



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.