Champ51

Firefox reverts to previous (non-faq) window

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Tried opening the forum on my PC running Firefox v44.0.  the page requested will display, but after a few seconds, Firefox redisplays the previous window (e.g. the Duckduckgo search results page).

This is being typed from an Android tablet.

Does FF need to be specially configured fo this forum?

Agree with you on the strangeness as I've never seen this before either.  As a retired IT guy, I will can help test if there is something you want tried.  Will also send a message to Mozilla this evening sice I just upgraded to 44.

This only occurs on the front page.  When an outside search lands on a specific topic inside the forum, then everything works fine.  If I try to erase the bulk of the URL leaving just the ...faq.com, then after 4-5 seconds, I'm put back into the topic.

I have noticed on the Android tablet, that the front page loads strangely, jumping around.

Question:  is there a "private message" function within the forum?  On the other 2 forums I visit regularly, both have some way to communicate directly with the admins.

Have not noticed the problem with the Tutorials. 

Posted a request to Firefox forums to see if anyone else sees the same problem. There was another case of this, but it was resolve with removing Rocket Loader. We do not use that.  

I am the admin, you can always PM me. Just click on the username and chose "message" option.

steve k.

I had the problem this morning as well.  Did it when I first clicked on a tab from yesterday to see whats up.. hit new content, it opened and then backed out. After a couple tries it sticks.. Even opening this thread, it backed up to the main 'new content' page I clicked in from.. ?

I misspoke when I said it works correctly from an Android tablet.  If I force the tablet to use Firefox instead of Chrome, then I get the same results with the system backing out to the previous page.

I tried Eurotrash's multiple attempts but after 7 attempts, I gave up.

What version of IP Suite does this forum use?  I would like to look for another forum using the same version of the software.