Mark92131

1973 BMW 2002 in Hayward, CA

9 posts / 2018 viewsLast Reply

Year:: 1973

Make:: BMW

Model:: 2002

Price:: 8000.00

I saw this ad and thought I would was it along.  Another 1973 BMW 2002 Auto in original Malaga over Tobacco interior.  Could use a respray, had a minor mishap with the driver's side front turn signal and trim, but tidy interior and working AC, 14" Bottlecap wheels.

NM/NA,

Mark92131

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5413660565.html

post-33686-0-96827900-1453933171_thumb.j

(edited)

Pretty clean and original (un-cracked dash?!?)...but an automatic! Looks like it may have been repainted once though, as the rear 2002 badge is where the automatic badge would normally be, which is no where to be found, the door sill plastic is missing as is the rocker moulding on both sides, trapezoidal mirror have been replaced with flag type and the shock tower paint is suspiciously shiny and mark free. I'm so close-actually my sis and brother-in-law live there. Tempting! I should check it out this wknd.

Thanks for the heads up as always Mark-

Edited by 1936spyder

(edited)

Well...I bought it (and for a bit less than asking-even in this market, 8K for a '73 auto's a bit steep). Very solid, original car with one small hole in spare wheel well. Paint is oxidized, but jambs, trunk and underhood are still shiny. All trim and bumpers about as excellent as one could hope for being 43 yrs old-a good polish is all they'll need. Original wiper arms, original early style locking gas cap. Interior is great: perfect headliner, door cards (need new mylar though), rear interior panels, passenger and rear seat, even carpet (just needs a good scrubbing). Driver seat needs to be re-stuffed and has 2 tears, dash has 2 cracks in the usual places. Weber conversion, newish tank that was recently flushed, new sending unit, rebuilt brakes w/new rotors, NOS spare rear bumperette, NOS spare gas gauge, new rear wheel bearing kit and a few other extras in trunk. Will be creating a blog shortly...

Edited by 1936spyder

Well...I bought it (and for a bit less than asking-even in this market, 8K for a '73 auto's a bit steep). Very solid, original car with one small hole in spare wheel well. Paint is oxidized, but jambs, trunk and underhood are still shiny. All trim and bumpers about as excellent as one could hope for being 43 yrs old-a good polish is all they'll need. Original wiper arms, original early style locking gas cap. Interior is great: perfect headliner, door cards (need new mylar though), rear interior panels, passenger and rear seat, even carpet (just needs a good scrubbing). Driver seat needs to be re-stuffed and has 2 tears, dash has 2 cracks in the usual places. Weber conversion, newish tank that was recently flushed, new sending unit, rebuilt brakes w/new rotors, NOS spare rear bumperette, NOS spare gas gauge, new rear wheel bearing kit and a few other extras in trunk. Will be creating a blog shortly...

Just saw the add for this back up. Selling it already?

looks like a different car? 

Minor snafu w/the seller, as I've had to wrap up a few financial things. Thought it was all good but...then this. Just spoke w/him, got it sorted out and I will be picking it up this wknd.

Yeah, just responded to danco_'s post. All sorted out now. Listing is coming down in AM.