Mark92131

1968 BMW 2002 in Woodinville, WA

6 posts / 1699 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

Year:: 1968

Make:: BMW

Model:: 2002

Price:: 3800.00

I saw this ad and thought I would pass it along.  A 1968 BMW 2002 in Chamonix (with blue stripe) over ??? interior.  Only 2 pictures, not running (engine locked, but ran when parked), aftermarket rims.  I actually would rather make an offer on the vintage bug.

NM/NA,

Mark92131

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/5452211229.html

post-33686-0-27091600-1453093843_thumb.j

Edited by Mark92131

(edited)

I love this: just two photos, one with "some guy" in the foreground, blocking the view, the other with a '60s bug and two chairs in the foreground, blocking the view! $6,200 sounds like a lot from the little I can see but if it's truly a '68 model year sunroof '02 -- and not a '69 model manufactured in late '68 -- it's a pretty rare bird.

Really worth looking at!

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

Steve, he added a couple more pictures.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/5404458805.html

Still a lot of money for a car that hasn't run in 18 years. But the interior, at least, looks far better than I anticipated: dash, seats, console! I can't figure out the car's original color; the white appears to be on top of a gray (Derby or Bristol?) or silver (Polaris?) but the interior looks to be black, which isn't an ordinary match for Bristol or Polaris. Again, if this actually is a '68 model, and not simply a '69 manufactured in '68, it is a very early '02, and quite rare!

Regards,

Steve