8 posts / 1747 viewsLast Reply

I'm in the process of putting my Clardy AC back in my car which the PO ripped out everything including the wiring. I've searched and found very little information. Does anyone out there have an AC wiring diagram that might help the effort? I have a Trinary Hi/Low switch that will control the compressor and electric fan if that makes a difference. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ray - I found the link you point to and couldn't get the diagram clear enough to read. I've read a great deal on a/c on faq during installation of the unit. I've also read The Hayes Techbook on Automotive heating and air conditioning, and several other manuals, I even look in the Hack Mechanic and found very little on wiring information. I've searched the web and haven't turn up anything I thought I could really use. I know it has to be possible because I'm sure others have done it. I'm no auto electrician but I can find my way around usually. I've put in my homework so I think putting in a call to Nostalgic AC where I got a lot of the equipment is in order now. Thanks..............

Willie,

I have the Clardy instructions from my '76. I'll take some photos tomorrow and post them. If I recall, they look just like Earl's but I will shoot for a closer photo.

If I don't post a photo tomorrow, please remind me: it simply means I forgot!

Regards,

Steve

Hmm, I see that Earl did a bad job taking that pic. He's on the forum so maybe he'll chime in.

Behn and Frigiking wiring points are here, and may help http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/68865-anyone-have-a-frigiking-wiring-diagram/

The  Nostalgia Air universal unit instructions were helpful to me also.http://nostalgicac.com/instructions

I installed the Frigiking unit and trinary switch as well as a Spal fan and relay. The Frigiking unit has just the hot wire to the compressor as an extenal connection.

Good luck.

P.S. Don't install the condenser upside down! Not that anyone.... uh.. would do that and then have to pull the radiator again to fix it!

I have a scanner now, let me find the notebook I have it in and will scan if still needed.....

Earl

(edited)

Oh, not as good as a scanner, but something nonetheless:

1. Typical Wiring Layout (for Clardy evaporator/blower);

2. Wiring Diagram (for Clardy auxiliary fan); and

3. Supplement Sheet (showing temperature probe insertion in evaporator core)

Regards,

Steve

post-41123-0-21312900-1453140119_thumb.j

post-41123-0-84715300-1453140130_thumb.j

post-41123-0-79739500-1453140146_thumb.j

Edited by Conserv

A big thank you to everyone. I'm starting to get this thing under control I think. Tomorrow I have a call to return to the Nostalgic Tech. support to finish answering a couple of questions. But please do post any diagrams you may have they will help as I finish thinking through this. Again thanks for everyone's help.