69NEWCLASSNH

New owner Granada Red on Tobacco 1969 2002

11 posts / 1377 viewsLast Reply

Hey Guys,

I've met some of you before.  I brought that 1967 BMW 1600 to the Bav Auto show in 2010 and 2011.  It was Sahara on Tobacco in original showroom condition.

Anyways, I always loved that car (was my boss' car and not mine)

I decided to buy a 69 2002.  I had a trusted friend go look at this car in Eliot, ME  he told me that the car is rusty, but all there.  Seems like it was parked for years.  Odometer only shows 61k, but we all know how that goes.  

Either way, if anyone has a line on a clean tub, or some original sheetmetal please keep me in mind.

Looking forward to posting progress pics.

Welcome back! I remember meeting you in 2010 at BavAuto with the 1600. Best to buy new sheet metal from Jaymic in the UK & Walloth-Nesch in Germany. If you are looking for a shop, I highly recommend Vintage Sports & Restoration in Bow NH. VSR1.com.

Scott Sislane had his car painted at a shop in NH that did an amazing job on his '76.

Thanks Andrew,

I bought this car mostly so I'd have a project to work on.  Maybe once the body is all set, I'll have it painted professionally. I won't even get to see the car until next week so that's when i'll decide how to move forward.

(edited)

Yes, same car.  Pretty excited to start tearing her down this weekend.  Thanks for the pics.  Helped me figure out what to order in terms of sheet metal.

May Need one of these:

qFvEL2e.jpg

Just decoded my vin:

VIN 1666590 Model BMW 2002 Region USA Version (LHD) LHD Transmission Mechanic Bodywork 114 Generation Pre 71 Year 1969 Production Jan 69 - Dec 69

kvy42T1.jpg

Any way to get additional information on options for this car?

Edited by 69NEWCLASSNH

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.