Brad Sindoni

wtb center console and misc parts

9 posts / 553 viewsLast Reply

looking for a center console and a shift boot for my 73. also looking for a fuse box cover and some door cards for the front. driver side mirror as well. few other things as well that I cant think of at the moment. let me know what you may have laying around! thanks,

Brad

FYI: Use of a short console on a 73 won't permit use of correct 1973 stock shift boot….and later cars (72-76) don't have the requisite steel flange on the tunnel to use the earlier boot as the short console cars had. 

thank you for the heads up! so you think i should go with the regular console and not the short style? 

If it were my car, I'd stick with the original type "long" console. No messing around with re-engineering a shift boot mount on the floor/tunnel structure of the car. I *LIKE* the short console look, but not worth the hassle, retrofitting it to a later car IMHO. 

(edited)

IMHO, the one pictured here (note small tear on left side) is worth about $35-55. But keep in mind….I'm a bottom feeder and I remember giving these away (in FAR better condition) for free, decades ago. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=644597455678580&set=pcb.471455426371676&type=3&theater

Edited by wegweiser

IMHO, the one pictured here (note small tear on left side) is worth about $35-55. But keep in mind….I'm a bottom feeder and I remember giving these away (in FAR better condition) for free, decades ago. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=644597455678580&set=pcb.471455426371676&type=3&theater

appreciate the help. a buddy of mine said he has one for me, not in the best condition but it's something to start with and it will be the correct one. 

You might find that one in "fair" to "slightly ratty" condition actually looks quite presentable once cleaned up and fully installed. Fresh black painted screws and some Lexol style vinyl cleaner can really work wonders.

Same parts/car pictured below before and after some cleaning…and addition of front carpet pcs.  

post-34474-0-72153500-1453174785_thumb.j

post-34474-0-79057100-1453174882_thumb.j

You might find that one in "fair" to "slightly ratty" condition actually looks quite presentable once cleaned up and fully installed. Fresh black painted screws and some Lexol style vinyl cleaner can really work wonders.

Same parts/car pictured below before and after some cleaning…and addition of front carpet pcs.  

that looks so good. ill have to throw up a few pics of the inside of mine. it has nothing but front and rear seats and thats about all. need to install two floor pans then throw some insulation mats down then order a carpet kit. looks so complete with the center console and all the accessories!