• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 02 updates!

JordanBbradley

Hey guys sry for the lack of communication. I've been hard at work under the hood and carpet :)

post-49696-0-74649000-1452798267_thumb.j

I bought this 100% original inka from a dude in philly. An old man(original owner) had a past away and the window gave the car the car club owner whom I got it from.

post-49696-0-45580200-1452798465_thumb.j

I drove her around the week before Christmas before I started working. The clutch was done(wouldn't had after 3k rpms) so I jacked her up and started a 5 speed conversion.

post-49696-0-64925100-1452798821_thumb.j

I had no previous car work experience and used this forum as my only resource. I have to say this is an amazing community. At times I got scared and thought I would break everything and have no ability to put anything back together.

post-49696-0-36378200-1452799044_thumb.j

Boy was I wrong. I pulled all the factory carpet(some was wet under!!!), all 40 lbs of that tar crap and I am about to tackle a few small rust spots(it sucks finding these, but I feel so much better after seeing everything and knowing my car is actually rust free).

post-49696-0-71229200-1452799186_thumb.j

After I poor-15(thanks for that autocorrect Siri, yes it is expensive) a couple spots I'm going to sound proof, put in an etsy carpet kit, pre wire for eurotrashs basic audio kit, battery under seat relocation and put the dash/heater/new AC back in. After that I have some seats, new shift knob and wheel waiting to go in!

post-49696-0-84251400-1452799383_thumb.j

JB

whoa.... son, you've been busy!

Look forward to seeing it! Hope you can make the Sayther's Spring02berfest Drive.

Ed Z

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

We had a decent turn out for Terry's Fall 02berfest even though the weather wasn't the best.  I'm looking forward to the Spring drive and hope to see you there.  Keep posting pics of your progress.  Would love to see the activity here on the Texas group page increase!

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

Copied this from Terry's email that went out earlier this week;

Spring Texas 02berfest. March 25, 26, and 27 we will once again gather in Austin to drive to Fredericksburg for food, drives, stories, and, of course, 2002s! There will be more details later, but be sure to set aside the time now----you won't want to miss this one!

A few of us ATX 02rs will be getting together for a cup of coffee next Saturday the 23rd.  Looks like just 4 of us as of right now.  Hopefully a few more will join us as I just started putting the word out.

Here's a link to last year's Spring event.  I was only able to do the partial drive out on Friday due to another commitment. Here's a link to the pictures I posted here on theFAQ  http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/164420-pics-from-friday-terry-saythers-spring-texas-02berfest/ 

Here is a link to the pics I posted from this past Falls event.  http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/173243-fall-02berfest-fredericksburg-tx/#entry1073281

post-37556-0-29884900-1452964719_thumb.j

post-37556-0-26331900-1452964742_thumb.j

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors