PeterCS

WTB: Wing bolt to hold down spare tire

7 posts / 630 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

Hey Peter,

The spare tire was retained by a lug nut. The jacß. k by a wing nut. The studs coming out of the trunk floor are different sizes for each.

Could help with either one.

Art

Simply putting photos, below, to Art's comments. This is strictly the square taillight arrangement.

Regards,

Steve

post-41123-0-65460400-1452670136_thumb.j

post-41123-0-73148300-1452670173_thumb.j

Edited by Conserv

Where can I find a round hold down washer for the wheel? Thanks.

Originally it was strictly a square taillight thing -- it fits the late OEM (a.k.a., square taillight) steelie whereas the earlier rectangular hold-down does not. It also works beautifully, however, and does less damage to the spare rim, on round taillights if your spare is an early OEM alloy, or a rim with a similar center hub.

Every square taillight came with the round hold-down but it appears many were left by the side of the road: they only occasionally appear for sale!

Regards,

Steve

Steve and Art - thanks so much for your help.  I may come back and ask to buy one from you but I first want to dig through my leftover parts to see if I do have it - I did not realize it was a  lug bolt.  I do have the wingnut for the jack.

Again, thanks.

Peter