Sign in to follow this  
vairter

part number for Weber 32/26 DGEV choke pulloff gasket

6 posts / 500 viewsLast Reply

I'm trying to find a part number for the gasket that goes between the 32/36 choke pull cover and the choke diaphragm.  The existing unit looks like this:

post-47755-0-10959000-1452494728_thumb.j

post-47755-0-73787500-1452494748_thumb.j

There is clearly a gasket attached to the cover, which goes between the cover and the choke vacuum pulloff diaphragm.  But, none of the diagrams I have found for the 32/36 DGEV shows this gasket.  Here's an example diagram:

post-47755-0-22505900-1452494882_thumb.j

I don't see any gasket depicted between element 54 (the choke cover) and element 52 (the diaphragm).  

Do I have some strange version of the 32/36 that has this extra gasket?

Another question: the surfaces of the diaphragm and the cover gasket seem to have been sealed with some type of gasket sealer/adhesive.  Is it necessary to include this; if so, what should I use?

Terry

No need for a gasket there. The diaphragm acts as a gasket. Check if yours is warped with a steel rule as someone may have felt the need to lash that up.

I agree that it doesn't seem like a gasket would be needed.

But the one on my choke looks too good to be a handmade one.  It seems like a manufactured one as if some type of DGEV 32/36 called for it...

Contact Pierce Manifolds, they will be more authoritative than me . It's not like there is a separate gasket on the accelerator pump and that's more critical as that holds petrol.

OK, so it looks like this extra gasket is not standard.

What about my other question: is there a need to use a sealing compound between the pulloff diaphragm and the mating surfaces of the carburetor?

Well, there shouldn't be but this doesn't mean that a bit of belt and braces wouldn't hurt. Like I said before, check that your cover isn't warped or damaged in such a way that necessitates additional sealing / gasket. If you do choose to use a sealer, check that it is fuel resistant else you could end up in a worse state with bits of degrading 'squeez-a-gasket' gumming up your carb.