Z3M

Ready for medium/sand blasting (and a question)

5 posts / 586 viewsLast Reply

I've got my entire undercarriage disassembled and ready for the sand blaster. Very excited to be able to start reassembling everything.

Questions - ok to have the diff. blasted? Also, I've been able to save the control arm rods....are those worth saving if I'm replacing the control arm itself?

post-48455-0-72485900-1452459843_thumb.j

Are you going to take the hubs out of the dif or just blast it with them in? I ask because I did similar with my e36 project and then wished I went a different route, either pull everything or tape where ever you don't want any small debris or dust getting in there. On this project I am currently working on I cleaned everything with evaporust  but just chose to degrease and give the diff a good cleaning an call it a day. Everything else got fresh paint.

I'll was thinking about just doing the diff. by hand and based on your comments, that's sealed the deal.