arminyack

Roger's Tii 5 speed clutch line...

8 posts / 1382 viewsLast Reply

Has anyone used this line? I had a IE 5 speed line installed; it fit great until I ruined it today. I had a line a aquirred from Rogers Tii...and BOTH end have a bend. I am having trouble visualizing how this is going to line up with the clutch MC.

temporary_zpslo7hdoxg.jpg

An issue: The clutch slave cylinder is installed upside down (the internals of that unit is designed so that the bleeder should point down - the the ground - when installed (seems counter-intuitive, I know)). -KB

(seems counter-intuitive, I know)).
Not is you figure that as some time it will need bleeding after the transmission is in the car.  This one looks like it's on the subframe on the floor.

Thanks for the heads up....I flipped it, and the Roger's Tii line works that way. The IE line would not work at all unless I flipped it over (as pictured)

Thanks for the heads up....I flipped it, and the Roger's Tii line works that way. The IE line would not work at all unless I flipped it over (as pictured)

That's weird, as they are one and the same part.

(edited)

That's weird, as they are one and the same part.

Not true! Enter the saga of my quest to fine the correct clutch line....see below

temporary_zpsqkjoewpu.jpg

The bottom line is from Blunt...this one didnt work at all, as the fittings were inverted flare, not bubble.

The center one is the IE line. male one end with a s;ight angle, female the other end with more angle...it comes with a male/male coupling (not shown). I could not get either end to fit with the slave cylinder right side up, because since the inlet port on the slave cylinder is angled slightly inward towards the transmission, the fittings fouled on the body of the transmission. The male end wasn't angled quite enough to clear....the female with a male coupling wasnt even close to fitting. 

the top one is the Roger's Tii line. This one fits!! (once I flipped the slave cylinder right side up!)

Edited by arminyack

(edited)

Very strange indeed. Maybe one or the other has upgraded.

If you go to Ireland's and rogers websites they show the exact same clutch line.

This is from the Ireland site

post-32042-0-97311900-1452524582_thumb.j

and this from Rogers site (it even has I.E. noted for the part) http://www.rogerstii.com/bmw-2002-long-clutch-line-for-5-speed-conversion/

post-32042-0-02941900-1452524638.jpg

Edited by 02Les