Sign in to follow this  
harper

Euro Bumper Conversion

5 posts / 976 viewsLast Reply

Hello Faqers,

I am purchasing a '75 2002 and so looking into moving from '74-'76US spec to '71-'73US/Euro spec bumpers. I've been on the lookout for some time now to pick up used parts and have found the chrome pieces. My dilemma is that the rubber strip for the front corners and rear is NLA. I don't suppose anyone is aware of a way to source this part? TIA, Todd

i just went thru the same situation...i found some heavy duty stick on trim that is almost identical in profile width & depth compared to the original rubber strip....if you didn't know what i used, you wouldn't know

It appears that there is a chance of sourcing this through Blunttech. I had only checked with BMW Mobile Tradition. I'll update the thread as this unfolds. Thanks for your response Esty. Can you enlighten us with the name of the product you used? 

it's been a year or more ago that i searched the web for it & bought it but this site and their products look familiar...iirc it was approx $50.00 + or - for what i recall being a 20-25 ft roll... Custom Auto Trim

i did both long chrome bumpers and have quite a bit left