willys

cold start valve

7 posts / 695 viewsLast Reply

I have tested my cold start valve on my 74 tii and I am not 100% sure it is working properly.  Fuel pressure is over 30 and it comes on when it should, but the fuel comes out in a weak steady stream while I crank it over.  There is no spray to speak of.  Is this normal?  There seems to be an abundance of fuel as well.

I tried the search function and have read many threads, just need confirmation that it is OK or time to replace $$$

thanks

Jeff

thanks for the quick reply - I feel like I am talking to my urologist!

when I type the BMW part number in google, it appears there is a Bosch equivalent that is less money - any thoughts

Jeff

Very likely the same piece.  You might be able to clean the nozzle on the one you have with a soak and a run through an ultrasonic cleaner.  Never tried it, but if the valve is activating and the flow is good, there's just something wrong with the nozzle. Report back if you give it a try.

The last cold start valve I bought, admittedly many moons ago, came with a Volvo parts sticker and was identical in form and function to the tii one so it's probable that it's just a stock Bosch part. 

what is the bosch part number that you found

if you don't mind. i might need to buy a few.

thanks,

stone