Desiderio

Rear badge

3 posts / 866 viewsLast Reply

I lost my original rear body badge emblem. Where can I get one close to original or original 1973 2002 base. Thanks.

Keep in mind there are two different types of badges available from BMW.  The original style is diecast aluminum with painted colors, raised letters and dividers between the white, blue and black sections.  This is what the factory installed on all 2002s.  When the paint wears, you can repaint 'em.

Newer BMWs use a smooth-faced badge with colors and lettering printed on the face.  When these wear, the plastic coating chips off and you buy a new badge. 

The diecast badges weren't available for a long time but are back in production from BMW Classic--Blunt should have 'em, as well as your local dealer.  If you're not a stickler for originality, the smooth-finished badges fit just fine.  Your choice.

cheers

mike