jrhone

Uno Window Seals Yes or No?

11 posts / 1110 viewsLast Reply

Replacing the front and rear window seals.  Are Uro brand seals ok to get?  I can get both front and rear and the for $145 including the front and year chrome strip.  Just wanted to check before I pulled the trigger on these.

nope.

It is worth (re)searching, to read about all the unhappy Uro users.

I'd spend the extra dollars and buy  BMW seals.

(I actually returned the Uro ones I'd bought and got BMW ones, after reading up)

I tried Uro seals last year, they didn't fit right in the corners and leaked. I ended up buying BMW ones from Blunt and they fit perfectly with no leaks. It sucked having to install glass twice. 

I have successfully used two uro window seals and one rear seal.  Be happy to provide you with the number of my installer, he's mobile and and bimmer guy.

I have successfully used two uro window seals and one rear seal.  Be happy to provide you with the number of my installer, he's mobile and and bimmer guy.

same here...all of our cars have uro seals front & back and do not leak...

As I just completed mine a short time ago I did not have issue with front and rear URO window seals, but you do have to fiddle with them. If you don't mind spending the money get the OEM. And doors definitely go OEM, if door seals are in your future plans.

From Galaxy S6

Albeit this was some years ago--a broken windshield on my '73 required a visit to our local glass shop (USAA recommended so it's good).  I told 'em to use a factory seal (the one on the car was original and brittle, but not leaking).  That was on a Monday...

Thursday morning the shop called to tell me they still didn't have my car done (this is normally a 2-3 hour job)--they broke two new windshields trying to make 'em fit with the rubber seal they were using.  I asked 'em if it was a BMW part--it wasn't; it was a URO, made in Thailand.  I gave 'em Max's number and told 'em to order the factory part--like I had recommended on Monday--and have it overnighted so I could have my car by the weekend.  

They called me at lunchtime on Friday to tell me everything fit perfectly; I reminded them that had they listened to me they could have saved two windshields and the overnight freight charge...

But that's just my experience.

mike

NO, after starting with URO ten paying much more at the dealer I learned my lesson, extra seal and double labor, added about $100 to my install cost

FYI, my rear window started to pop out with the URO seal and 20 gauge brake light wires, factory seal has had no issues

Order through BMW. 

This is what I ordered for my 1975 '02

51311803265: FILLING RUBB (chrome strip)

51317440104: SEALING FRAM (windshield gasket)

51317440106: CUP (cuppler for chrome strip ends)

and if anyone wants it: 51715476161: GASKET (trunk gasket)