Vicleonardo1

HobieDave Bracket Hardware question

13 posts / 1256 viewsLast Reply

Tried to contact HobieDave to get a Sanden A/C Compressor Bracket from him currently to no avail. 

It looks like I will be acquiring a HobieDave bracket from someone that doesn't need it. Alas, with no instructions. 

Does anyone have a list of the hardware (nuts, bolts and washer sizes) needed to install it? 

Any need for Locktite? etc. 

Thank You. 

I've got the list and am just finishing the install. I live in Molalla, OR which is about 30 minutes north/east of you. I had to do some grinding on the bracket and other little modifications to get it to fit my car. All in all not a bad fit. PM or email me at willie002 at wbcable dot net and I can get you the information.

I had to do some grinding on the bracket and other little modifications to get it to fit my car. All in all not a bad fit. PM or email me at willie002 at wbcable dot net and I can get you the information.

Willie, is it possible for you to list the hardware information and grinding/modification details here for those of us not in proximity to you?

Thanks in advance,

John

(edited)

I have this bolt/etc list as a pdf sent from Dave. Let me find it and post it a little later.

Edited by zambo

Sorry I've been on vacation for vacation and just got back. We stayed with her parents on the farm in Indiana and no decent wifi. Yes I have the bolt and nut list and also will be ordering a run of brackets. Sorry if I didn't get back with anybody while I was away. 

All metric.
 10-1.50 x 40 bolts you need 2 attaches the compressor to the adjustable
 end of the bracket arm.
 10-1.50 x 35 bolt you need 2 mounts the compressor to the middle holes in
 the bracket.
 10-1.50 x 30 bolts you need 2 mounts adjuster arm to the bottom of the
 bracket.
 10 mm washer you need 6
 10 mm lock washer you need 6
 10- 1.50 nut you need 6

to mount the bracket to your engine you will need:
 8-1.25 x 16 bolts you will need 2 for the top holes
 8-1.25 x 20 bolt you will need 1 for the bottom You will also need two 8mm washers to offset the motor mount bracket.
 The hole that sticks out from the side of the bracket uses the front bolt
 from the motor mount. Also always make sure when you mount the compressor that the compressor ports are oriented to the top within reason. That’s where the hoses attach so all the pag oil does not get pumped out in to the system. All that should cost you around 12 bucks at ACE
 hardware.

The belt size for the 2002 is Dayco top cog #17320

All metric.

10-1.50 x 40 bolts you need 2 attaches the compressor to the adjustable

end of the bracket arm.

10-1.50 x 35 bolt you need 2 mounts the compressor to the middle holes in

the bracket.

10-1.50 x 30 bolts you need 2 mounts adjuster arm to the bottom of the

bracket.

10 mm washer you need 6

10 mm lock washer you need 6

10- 1.50 nut you need 6

to mount the bracket to your engine you will need:

8-1.25 x 16 bolts you will need 2 for the top holes

8-1.25 x 20 bolt you will need 1 for the bottom You will also need two 8mm washers to offset the motor mount bracket.

The hole that sticks out from the side of the bracket uses the front bolt

from the motor mount. Also always make sure when you mount the compressor that the compressor ports are oriented to the top within reason. That’s where the hoses attach so all the pag oil does not get pumped out in to the system. All that should cost you around 12 bucks at ACE

hardware.

The belt size for the 2002 is Dayco top cog #17320

Hey Dave, does your bracket need a double V crank pulley or does it work with a longer fan / alternator belt?

Here is the grinding that has to be done!

Interesting. My bracket went right on to the '73 block.

This NYLOG O-ring sealer took care of my apparent refrigerant leaks:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/121784232646?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT -- it's cheap insurance.

And yes, a double V crank pulley is required.

Cheers,

(edited)

Is the double V crank pulley common enough to get hold of in the US? Not common here in Oz.

Edited by zambo

Is the double V crank pulley common enough to get hold of in the US? Not common here in Oz.

They're certainly around. Maybe post a WTB ad?

Cheers,

Did the cars with an air pump run a separate belt? (Noting that we are now hijacking this thread)