mcmil

Good news at last!

7 posts / 1358 viewsLast Reply

The motor in the Mighty Cabriolet now back together. I had to pull the right-hand barrel to have a broken head bolt extracted. Barrel now back from the machine shop and reinstalled, and cylinder head refitted.

I also dropped the oil pan and fitted a DeCarlo 700 pan gasket that I found on ebay. It was reasonably fresh and the bolt holes were a little small and held the bolts while I fitted the pan in place.

Next is the oil filter cover. The PO pulled the oil pressure sender and tapped the hole for an SAE plug.

Starting to feel less p*ssed off than usual.

I'm hopefull it will all be done for Swap'n Show in Brisbane 2016.

Fantastic Neil!!!   Know you are wanting to drive that little car   Happy New Year!

Little by little...

Cleaned and repainted the exhaust manifold and heater boxes and installed the manifold with new gaskets and stainless hardware.  Received a new oil filter cover from Germany but the oil pressure sender I have doesn't fit, so I have ordered another one from Germany also. When that arrives (and it fits), I'll install it with new copper seals and gasket., then I can fit the lower cylinder tin duct work (cleaned and repainted), heater boxes and muffler. After that, it's on to the top side of the motor.

.......  Received a new oil filter cover from Germany but the oil pressure sender I have doesn't fit, so I have ordered another one from Germany also......

Hi Neil - who is your favorite German supplier of 700 parts ?

- Dierk Schulte

- Philip Schaeper,

- Gabi Bolte,

- others ?

Thanks

I work almost exclusively with Gabi. I have bought some items from Italianmetals on Ebay, though. Your preference?

Haven't placed an order yet for 700 parts in Germany, but did receive a few quotes.

Gabi was recommended by a German 700 owner.

I have been pleased with the parts for the 507 received from Schulte (speaks only German).

Very surprised that Oldtimer.net (Schaeper) added 20% on top of his German prices for selling to USA based customers, and that was on top of the shipping cost. When I asked for an explanation for the 20% surcharges and why he wouldn't discount the price by 21% (VAT discount) for selling to outside the EU,  communications broke off.