Pierre

Projects, time, space and cash

28 posts / 3121 viewsLast Reply

Henry (my 74 tii) has been home from the paint shop for three and a half years.  Some assembly required.  Parts are sitting in boxes, stashed in various places, in the attic, in trunks of cars.  Time passes, I start it once a month.  Then the fuel pump quit a year ago.  Fixed it six months later.  And Henry sits, awaiting time.

So I decided.  I am going to have it done by someone else.  The car needs to be driven.  And while I enjoy mechanical work, trim, dash boards, glass, carpet etc are no fun to me.

So it took it to Jack's shop.  He's in the middle of putting together 3 2002s.  And mine is the 4th.  It should be on the road in a couple of weeks.  I am very excited.

post-32108-0-30084800-1451462096_thumb.j

Good for you that you decided to bite the bullet and get the project finished at least! My biggest fear in diving into my car is that I'll either get in over my head, or I'll get about 50-75% of the way and allow life/work/other stuff to get in the way and it'll never get finished. Not that I'm looking to break a record for the fastest restoration or anything --but I don't want this to be a multi-year project. 

That is always a difficult decision.  I give you props for being honest with yourself and saying "I'm not actually going to get to this any time soon".  A lot of folks never reach that conclusion.

Scott

So it took it to Jack's shop.
  ...some say I don't know Jack... but are you talking about Jack Fahuna in Van Nuys?  

Just curious... Jack Fahuna has made the trip out to the last couple of Mid America Fests and I enjoy his insights and banter. :)

Ed Z

Yeap, that Jack. The one and only. The tii guru and 2002 expert.  I would not trust my 2002 to anyone else in SoCal.

That gets my vote for 'plug' of the day (that princess girl, however, has the monthly award locked up).

Mine is heading to the shop too. Maybe something can be done2e5345b50aa89255708e637eecb474fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is heading to the shop too. Maybe something can be done

Price for driver's side seat rail frame shipped to 92648? 

Seats were sold last month with rails. Besides, you Cali folks have all the parts out there in Dreamland anyway.

4905e7061b11629a4ad2d954e55b7c21.jpg

This what's left of the floor

Edited by cwomike

It's platinum gray metallic, an VW/Audi color.  It was originally Polaris.

Thanks for the compliment.  I like the color too.

You may also notice that the upper chrome trim has been removed.  It is a painted stripe (Polaris) which was applied before the clear coat.

post-32108-0-85564500-1451526322_thumb.j

post-32108-0-70193300-1451526336_thumb.j

I'm a sucker for a silver 2002.  I personally like the Merc silvers, but Audi has

nice versions, too.

And the older and slower I get, the more I can identify.  Especially when I read your sig line.

I have a 122 turbo project that was last tabbed in 2000...

t

It's platinum gray metallic, an VW/Audi color.  It was originally Polaris.

Thanks for the compliment.  I like the color too.

You may also notice that the upper chrome trim has been removed.  It is a painted stripe (Polaris) which was applied before the clear coat.

I like the painted stripe in place of the trim...just adds a little twist.

another question on your '02, is that Ireland engineering front air dam?

I'm just honestly fascinated by your car , the look of it is going to be amazing when it's done...