whatisit

1969 2002 Dash Project Help!

22 posts / 2075 viewsLast Reply

I am just beginning to restore my 1969 2002 and wondered if I could get some opinions going based on the pictures I am attaching? I wonder if I should try to get the 3 piece dash covers? Will they even work when its so torched? I would of course prefer new but may be more expensive than I can handle. :(  If there are any other reasonable options please advise. 

Thanks so much!

post-49735-0-43676500-1451404497_thumb.jpost-49735-0-16100400-1451404502_thumb.jpost-49735-0-64366300-1451404506_thumb.j

I am with esty on this one....however....

I do recall seeing threads where owners sand, filler, prime & paint the dash with positive results. I am not sure if it can be done while on the car so it may not be the best option. It also depends on your experience and personal taste/project goals.

I am sure someone will share a dash restoration thread link, good luck with your project....

Mo

Thanks so much for your replies! Just looking now.  I am new at this 2002 resto but have restored many cars and travel trailers in the past. The caps look good to me!  I see a few different sources for the dash caps but they all seem to fit later models?  I know mine will be smaller and wonder if there is a (best) source for the 1969? 

It's around 1000 bucks to have Just Dases redo yours.

John

It's around 1000 bucks to have Just Dases redo yours.

John

No.

It will work but it's for the one piece dash. One of the things specific to the early cars is the 3 piece dash.

John

the dash caps were made to fit the later, one piece dash but they do work on the 2 and 3 piece dashes...i used one on a 3 piece dash once...when finished your dash will look like the one piece dash

Which seems just fine to me on installed pics I see :) I am wondering how the glove box area will fit though? Will it be level or a bit raised?

BTW Love your carpet sets...Also on my list

Which seems just fine to me on installed pics I see :) I am wondering how the glove box area will fit though? Will it be level or a bit raised?

BTW Love your carpet sets...Also on my list

the glove box door is the trickiest part...you'll need to be sure the dash cap edges are tightly glued at the points where the glove box door closes...my glove box doors stood out like a sore thumb so what i did was to use some vinyl dye, spraying the dash cap and glove box door so they matched

Just Dashes raised their prices. I think it's somewhere around $1600 now. I know for the coupe, it was over $1800 and took about 5 months. 

Just had my 67 dash done by 2002ad cost 650.00 .Check my post under ras02tii.