NEPA_Tii

Anyone on here on LI?

10 posts / 1452 viewsLast Reply

Are there any members on here on Long Island? I'd love to meet up for help on small projects, drives, etc. Just seeing who's out there. 

-Sam

Nice, I'm in Port Jefferson.

What are you driving? Are there many other 02 owners out here?

Edited by LI_tii

Not driving it at the moment.   I've been working on a restoration of my '71 tii clone and it's coming along, but still a long way from being back on the road.

Presently accumulating more new parts to re-install once I get to that point.  :unsure:

Here's a link to my restoration thread, which I have not updated in quite some time but hope to get to soon: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/151951-restoration-well-under-way-one-panel-at-a-time/

There aren't as many 02 enthusiasts currently driving 2002's around Long Island as there used to be (what else is new?), but there are a few still around.

Regards, Maurice. 

Very cool project. I am seriously impressed with your bodywork skills. I wish I could do half that. 

I have the engine apart for my winter project. Cleaning everything up and replacing lines, hoses, etc. Sending recaros out to Aardvark for new skins. 

Are there any good shops for these cars on LI? I've been to The Little Garage in Huntington. They're not bad but I really need someone with a lot of tii experience to properly tune this in the spring. If not I may end up taking it across the ferry to Sportscar Restoration in CT. They're supposed to be legit. 

I'm in Brooklyn so not that far from you guys. I had the Little Garage do some work on my head and suspension and they did an OK job but for the $ I would have expected slightly more attention to detail. For example they proposed an electric fan setup because the old fan was hitting the radiator a little (I believe the car had some front end munch at some point) when they did that they removed the AC condenser without asking. The AC didn't work but I was planning to R&R it and I had to ask for it back and don't know if they jettisoned any parts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ok, so that's 3. Couple more guys check in and we could get a nice cruise to Montauk together one day.  :)

We could meet at the Sunday morning weekly get-together at Captree State Park.  Every Sunday morning after Labor Day there are about 200 cars that get together, all makes, every vintage era you can imagine, although I haven't seen a 2002 for the 15 or 20 times I've been there.  Starts early, about 7:30 a.m. and goes on in the season until it gets too cold to be enjoyable.  :)

Regards, Maurice.

Hi Sam,  I am in setauket,

We are neighbors, In process of rebuilding my 73.

Tony..

I live in Manorville. Have a 76 driver that is currently in body shop for paint and mods. Will probably be at least 1-2 months before i get it back.

Ira

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.