gallian93

Need a recommendation for a PPI near davenport FL

4 posts / 389 viewsLast Reply

Hi all,

After trolling this board for about a year after I decided that I wanted to join the 2002 club I finally landed on a car that I think I want to buy.. unfortunately the car is down in Florida and I'm in Pennsylvania. The town is Davenport it's a few hours south west of Orlando. I was hoping that someone you a good place to take the car for a pre purchase inspection.

I should give the disclaimer that I have never owned a 2002 nor have I ever driven one. this model happens to be a time. Any help would be appreciated. I fly down there Wednesday...

is there any particular thing I should look for when I'm driving it or any noises or rattles I need to be listening for? being such a newbie I'm in extreme danger of being taken advantage of because of my ignorance. So I'm trying to go down there as well informed as possible.

Thanks again

Omer

All kinds of lists like this to assist one: 

http://laudeman.com/bmw_checklist.html

A search on this site will produce more suggestions. Also. compare the VIN numbers to what is on the title before handing over any cash. If you don't get a good sense from the seller, be prepared to walk away.

Good luck.

If you are serious and the seller is willing to have the car driven a bit .... Jim and Deborah at German Motorworks are over in Longwood, FL.  They are easily in my top 10 vintage bimmer repair/restoration shops.  I'd even call them to see if they would recommend someone closer.

Thanks everyone for replying... And happy new year!

I am in FL today, hopefully to close the deal... I wasn't able to arrange a PPI but thanks to all the advice from you folks on here I have a long check list.

Hopefully all goes well this morning and I'll be able to join the rest of you FAQers and have an 02 of my own :)