jedi420

prothane polyurethane control arm bushings

3 posts / 895 viewsLast Reply

Does any1 have any experience with these? i originally was going to go with the complete kit from blunt tech, but i don't need the ball joints, control arm, etc. Plus, i got an amazon gift card for $170.00. 

i'm in the process of refreshing my front subframe bushings. But i don't know which exactly to switch out (i don't know the names to them). I know to be safe just replace all of them...

here are some pics:

IMG_0666_zpsqtxvinds.jpg

IMG_0668_zpsgk3cxlkm.jpg

IMG_0665_zpsuwnapahm.jpg

IMG_0664_zpsse3kp6up.jpg

IMG_0675_zpsfabdlq5e.jpg

IMG_0672_zpsqoecmzwd.jpg

IMG_0670_zpsxh8teglg.jpg

Ummm, if that's the subframe you're going to use, yes, you do need the ball joints and tie rod ends!

But to answer the question you asked, do it all.  The radius bushings in the subframe and arm are stressed

significantly, and at that point, you're one away from all of them.  The pivot bushing usually is ok-

but they're pretty cheap, and then you just don't have to think about them.  And they're all the 

same stiffness, so the car responds normally.

hth

t