JayMac

Part Number for CV joint circlip

4 posts / 576 viewsLast Reply

I am looking for the part number for the circlip on the cv joint that holds the cv joint to the output shaft. If you don't have it do not go to any trouble looking it up as I have the real oem diagram but it shows it as part of a kit.

post-49126-0-87158600-1450990996_thumb.j

I stressed mine a bit when I tore down my joints and have decided to reload with new rather than bend these and chance that they hold.

I will verify on my next trip down but I think these clips by Hilman will work on the output shafts. They are 7/8 inch so from my math they should work on our axles. 12 pack for @$13

post-49126-0-71966500-1451163584_thumb.j

My circlips arrived this evening. I live about 60 miles from the nearest dealer so I thought ordering them online would work fine as I either drive or pay the shipping. I ordered these off of ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391230101512?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The new and the old butchered clips:

post-49126-0-63404800-1451955074_thumb.j

Installed on the cv joint waiting for the fresh goo:

post-49126-0-96477100-1451955005_thumb.j

If the gap is any larger than what you see you do not have the clip completely in the groove.  I had an old crush washer form a dif job and tapped the spyder with a rubber mallet and was able to compress the washer enough to get the new clips on the joint.

Maybe of no value to anyone but thought I would let you know what I found. You can get the same clips like the oem ones but I like circlips mainly because I have the correct pliers to get them on and off.