PeteM1965

Need Shipping Advice

2 posts / 368 viewsLast Reply

Hi, I am in the process of buying my first vintage BMW (a 67 1600). It is a project that my son and I will be working on for his first car. The only problem is that and the car and us are on opposite coasts. We are in the NY Metro area and the car is in the Seattle area. Were the car a bit more sorted out we would just fly out and drive it home, but I don't have the confidence in the car to do that. So my question is this, would people please post their positive or negative shipping experiences, or at least companies to avoid. I have posted on UShip and have a dozen bids ranging from $900 to $1,400 for open transport. Enclosed trailers aren't worth it as it's far from show car.

Thanks

Peter M

If you can, why not fly out, rent a U-haul and make it a transcon trip the two of you?

Did that 40+ years ago when my best friend separated from the USAF in California and we drove 5 days across in his 74 Capri with his dog in January. Storms in front, storms behind and we had good weather a unforgettable memories.

Good luck with the 1600. 

BB