Doug Riparetti

Looking to have transmission re-built

12 posts / 866 viewsLast Reply

I had one of David Lumbra's 4- speeds in the race car I bought, and I loved it.  To death, of course, because race car, but it was the nicest shifting 2002 trans I've ever driven.

Old contact info:

David Lumbra
http://www.2002restorations.com
[email protected]

I don't know if he still does them.

t

I had one of David Lumbra's 4- speeds in the race car I bought, and I loved it.  To death, of course, because race car, but it was the nicest shifting 2002 trans I've ever driven.

Old contact info:

David Lumbra

http://www.2002restorations.com

[email protected]

I don't know if he still does them.

I clicked on the link, but nothing happen. Do you have a #?

I clicked on the link, but nothing happen. Do you have a #?

David Lumbra is retired. No longer doing anymore work.

Do you wish to stay local? If you wish to go anywhere, from what I have heard, Metric Mechanic is supposed to do some pretty good rebuilds. You can check their website and see.

www.metricmechanic.com

Go downloads and scroll down the pricelist.

Edited by Vicleonardo1

Thank you. How long ago bianchini?

How much did it cost?

I got it rebuilt this past summer. Had issues with 4th gear. I have a getrag 240 (2 piece out of an e21). I can't remember the cost but it was definitely less than I was planning for, so I would say he is on the cheaper cost side. He daily and tracks an e30 and has a few other nice cars he was working on- mid sixties vette, 70 plymouth cuda, fj40 land cruiser, willies jeep, etc. They know their transmissions. 

Best of luck. 

I'm also interested in the market for rebuilding my transmission. Does anyone have experience with shops in the Northeast?

Thank you "bianchini", I just got home from dropping it off my transmission, (it was only 87-miles from the race car shop, about 2-hours). Should have it back by January 8th, (because of the Holidays and the short work weeks ahead)

Thank you "bianchini", I just got home from dropping it off my transmission, (it was only 87-miles from the race car shop, about 2-hours). Should have it back by January 8th, (because of the Holidays and the short work weeks ahead)

Great to hear. There is a race shop down the street that sells redline transmission oil and a bunch of other cool stuff. Ask Pete about it. Its called ERC racing fuels. http://www.ercracingfuels.com/ if you go there, its kinda hard to find. On google maps it says it is before the train tracks, but it is actually the building right after it.