joysterm

Portable Lifts.....seeking feedback

19 posts / 1473 viewsLast Reply

I'm interested too!  Thanks for bringing this up.  First time I've seen the QuickJack.

$900 US is $1200+ CDN right now.  That's the only complaint.

The last time somebody started a thread on lifts we got a bunch of pictures of exotic lifts and garages.  Drool.....

I looked at those and ended up buying a 4 post lift that is still movable as it comes with wheels. Mine is bolted though as I needed mostly for storage and work on the cars.

post-48330-0-16832500-1450315065_thumb.j

post-48330-0-26507400-1450315092_thumb.j

+1 for ezcarlift

Super stable, portable and simple

If I had the room I would want a 2 post lift for sure but outside of the expense it's really excellent for what it's designed to do

I bought it mostly to ensure an extra safe way to get my son working under the car with me and it's been that and more, what surprised me the most is how nice it is for working on the inside of the car in addition to below

I've been thinking about how easy one of these would make swapping an engine out the bottom would be....

I have a BendPak mid-rise scissors lift, about $1500 shipped. I have a short (nine foot) ceiling, so a post lift wasn't really an option. 

ANY lift is better than nothing, but if you have the ceiling height, there's nothing like a post lift.

I have something like this:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Mid-rise-scissor-car-lift-Electric_60234730577.html?spm=a2700.7724857.29.75.3u8VMq

Best investment on car maintenance, ever. If any of you are merely considering a lift....stop considering, and do it. Having the days of rolling around on the floor under the car, uncomfortable, swearing, contorted being over is just too much to pass up.

I have a BendPak mid-rise scissors lift, about $1500 shipped. I have a short (nine foot) ceiling, so a post lift wasn't really an option. 

ANY lift is better than nothing, but if you have the ceiling height, there's nothing like a post lift.

Unfortunately  my garage is vertically challenged, leaving me with only a few options. It looks like I will have to set my sights on lifts with a shooter clearance. I envy those that have a post lift. Guess I will sink my money on a comfortable creeper instead.

Thanks for the input...Mike

+1 for ezcarlift

Super stable, portable and simple

If I had the room I would want a 2 post lift for sure but outside of the expense it's really excellent for what it's designed to do

I bought it mostly to ensure an extra safe way to get my son working under the car with me and it's been that and more, what surprised me the most is how nice it is for working on the inside of the car in addition to below

This looks like a pretty slick unit......

Plus my antivirus software went nuts when I clicked on that link this morning.  Never a good sign...