COOP

Priceless reflections in my freshly detailed tii...

18 posts / 1328 viewsLast Reply

Lamborghini Miura SV and Ferrari 330 GT Spyder...not bad company!

COOP

post-46406-0-79463600-1449904885_thumb.p

Edited by COOP

Real 100% Brazilian carnuba wax.....$150

High speed buffer.....$350

Glasurit paint job.....$15,000

Reflections of automotive icons......$priceless

Those MasterCard commercials....funny thing is this would be a 100% hit with gear heads....paging MC director of advertising....anyone?

If that's baikal, my coupe is baikal and it's a lovely shade of blue...

-Mo

Edited by mo02

Yes, it is Baikal, impressive guess from just that reflection!

Would love to see some pix of your coupe...that must be stunning.

COOP

post-46406-0-64221000-1449931573_thumb.p

COOP

Your car looks great.  I can tell you spend countless hours keeping it spotless as I used to do the same with my coupe.

I will post some Black & white photos....I know we are talking about Baikal BMW's but I think you can imagine what it looks like....

-Mo

cs1.jpg?8941704116107028761cs2.jpg?8941704116107028761

Wow that is quite the stable. Very impressive sir!

Edited by Redtail

Lol, I sure wish it were MY stable!  My tii is being detailed in an industrial park warehouse belonging to a collector who owns those two, reflected beauties...and a WHOLE lot more of similar caliber.  I was just lucky enough to get the full tour when I dropped my car off and I'm looking forward to a second viewing when it's time to pick her up in the next few days...

COOP

That is an awesome reflection picture COOP.  I like the way you got a little slice of those Michelins in there.  Sweet.

That is an awesome reflection picture COOP. I like the way you got a little slice of those Michelins in there. Sweet.

Thanks for noticing the XAS peeping out! :-)

COOP

All done now...

COOP

post-46406-0-37329700-1450036047_thumb.p

Edited by COOP

I recently cleaned the insides of the windows on my tii.  I thought THAT was a big deal...

:)

Scott

One man's dirt is another man's dust.

Edited by conkitchen

It's funny - I am going to have some metalwork done under my car next year.  Between that, and the job Eurotrash did on redoing the entire suspension, subframes, etc...the under-body and chassis will be the best parts of the car!   

One man's beautiful paintwork is another man's chassis.  Or something.  ;)

Scott

It's a worsening condition. My first 2002 sat uncovered in a warehouse for 4 years (still is actually). My second and third 2002 were rusty so I removed them from my ownership within 3 months. I didn't care to put time into them because they weren't good foundations, in my opinion. My fourth and fifth 2002s received lots of love and many, many new parts, yet were usually parked outside. The first 1600 received a lot of work, but was still parked outside until it met it's demise in April 2015. Now with the latest three acquisitions (2002s and a 1600), they are getting the full treatment (without calling it a full resto) and are being stored under car covers, in the warehouse or garage, no exceptions. 

As I become older and possibly more mature, the cleaner I keep these cars and the more I emphasize proper storage, away from the elements. At some point this will escalate into a private bomb-proof bunker with a collection of my 15 favorite cars. And the wife will not understand, but she will probably trust me. 

Sometimes I wonder if drugs is a cheaper habit to maintain than classic cars are.