ras02tii

14 posts / 843 viewsLast Reply

I'm a new member with to cars 1974 2002 and 1967  bmw 1600 .my 1600 was manufactured on 26th january vin 1515113.will post pics in near futher. thanks for having me ,

Welcome!!!

Quick tip 1 - Something that got me when I started using this forum was how to use the "SEARCH" function. Top right hand corner, when you search select "Google". 

Quick tip 2 - Before posting for questions use the search feature first. You will find a great deal of information that may possibly answer most of your queries. People tend to get cranky if no research has been done at the question posters end prior to posting.

This forum has a great deal to offer - Welcome on board!!!

how do i update with location and past pics

To add your location there is a triangle next to your username in the upper right at the top of the screen, click on it, select  My Settings. Add location towards the bottom of that page.

To post pics select More Reply Options at the lower left. You will then see a Choose File button to load pics from your computer. Then you'll have to Attach This File, then add to post.

Welcome to the FAQ and the 02 fraternity/sorority.  You have a nice early 1600--one made before there were specific US-only models, so you're gonna find a whole bunch of small details that are different from later cars.  Does it still have its 6 volt electrical system?

Post pictures.  FAQers love to see pix of other folks cars...

mike

Welcome!

And that's a very early '02 (or, er...1600-2)!

If you haven't read it yet, and the distinctive features of the early cars are important to you, you MUST read Anders' excellent thread on the '66 1600-2 cars, which share many features with the '67 1600-2's:

http://02forum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8603

Was your '67 originally a Chamonix car? Is it still 6-volt? I owned one 40+ years ago. It was a light wonderful car, entirely stock but exhibiting amazing braking thanks to the light weight. But starting it in sub-20-degree temperatures was....problematic!

Love more photos!

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

Original color chamonix ,change to 12 volts by previous owner. i rechrome bumpers, lights rings,mirror etc and replace seats with new corbeau sports seats with matching materialfor back seats.original wheels with new hub caps also refurbish dash done by 2002ad.Completely new brakes system .