Mark92131

1972 BMW 2002 Tii in Jacksonville, FL

58 posts / 12675 viewsLast Reply

(edited)
On March 2, 2016 at 11:32 AM, 02Les said:

Well spotted.

One detail I didn't mention last time........it has lost its "snorkel" that it had in 2011.

attachicon.gif2762632 1m.jpg

Lovin' it!

And if any tii of mine had a snorkel, it would disappear overnight...

Seriously!

Thanks, Les,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

(edited)
On March 2, 2016 at 11:39 AM, 02princessLisa said:

This one is all bad! I had someone go do a PPI for me... I have close up pics to prove that there is so much extensive body work that needs to be done.... Lots of BONDO used on this car... For example... here's the spare tire well area.... (Also, if you look at the rear shock area... its all been "smoothed out"...) Its an abomination! Not worth what he's asking... !

My recommendation is to always do a PPI... because pics will never do a car justice... good or bad... Makes me mad that people jack up the prices of these tii's just because they can... :angry:

So...Lisa, are you saying you're not buying it?

Edited by Conserv

This one is all bad! I had someone go do a PPI for me... I have close up pics to prove that there is so much extensive body work that needs to be done.... Lots of BONDO used on this car... For example... here's the spare tire well area.... (Also, if you look at the rear shock area... its all been "smoothed out"...) Its an abomination! Not worth what he's asking... ! 

My recommendation is to always do a PPI... because pics will never do a car justice... good or bad... Makes me mad that people jack up the prices of these tii's just because they can...  :angry:

That's not Chamonix!

:D

(edited)

And it's back on eBay, as well. And once again, it's unambiguously being sold as VIN 2764444 while the photographs clearly show VIN 2762632. Is he selling a car for which the title does not match the VIN plates? The metal VIN plated riveted onto the right inner fender is clearly a repro, which is not uncommon on "restored" '02's. But how can a seller twice "accidentally" confuse the VIN for sale with the VIN illustrated?

Steve

Edited by Conserv

And it's back on eBay, as well. And once again, it's unambiguously being sold as VIN 2764444 while the photographs clearly show VIN 2762632. Is he selling a car for which the title does not match the VIN plates? The metal VIN plated riveted onto the right inner fender is clearly a repro!

Steve

We'll see how well sold it shall be this time...

Steve, he does correct the vin:

"You are looking at a rare 1973 BMW 2002tii Arktisblau Metalic with Blue interior.  (made an error for this listing, the correct VIN#: 2762632)"

Cheers,

(edited)
On March 3, 2016 at 10:24 PM, ray_ said:

We'll see how well sold it shall be this time...

Steve, he does correct the vin:

"You are looking at a rare 1973 BMW 2002tii Arktisblau Metalic with Blue interior. (made an error for this listing, the correct VIN#: 2762632)"

Cheers,

So, Ray, now you want me to actually READ the ads before I comment on them? Geez!

Edited by Conserv

(edited)
5 hours ago, Mark92131 said:

Strange, the 320i turbine wheels in the original Craigslist ad had the centers painted black or dark gray, now all aluminum.

Mark92131

Mark,

That was VIN 2761315, a sister Fjord-to-Arktisblau car, which had the black-center turbine rims!  But VIN 2762632 did have 5" steel rims and full wheel covers when it was last offered (of course, the prior listings of 2762632 showed the car as VIN 2764444)!  So I'm wondering what the mysterious 2764444 will be wearing when it finally surfaces...

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

(edited)

I've personally seen this car, located in Santa Ana. It is real, and it is complete horse shit. I couldn't believe the shortcuts taken on this car. 

For starters, the drip rail is a cumulation of three pieces of wrong trim, glued together. It's neither the right shape, nor done tastefully. Second, the entire undercarriage is coated with rubber undercoating spray. I sincerely mean the entire undercarriage. Springs, struts, shocks, inner fenders, you name it, they are coated in the same textured undercoating spray. It's a real sight. Third, this car was/is rusty. the trunk is bad news. The smoothed out paint on both shock towers is a tell tale sign of rust. Second is the hack job spare tire well, which looks to have possibly come from an e9 coupe. It's neither done correctly, nor does it look good. The same undercoating underneath also covers the headlight buckets - don't ask. 

When I physically saw it, oh 2 months ago, it had the correct 13x5 tii steel wheels. Now it has the e21 turbine wheels. 

Bottom line, light it on fire and file an insurance claim. 

Edited by danco_