Coastalcrush408

Looking for anything Hardy&beck H&B

48 posts / 4261 viewsLast Reply

14 hours ago, conkitchen said:

Should have bought Evans black 77 e21, but I suspect you may have another chance at that. 

I went and looked at it 6-7 months ago when he first listed it. It needed a lot of love and he's asking too much which is probably why its still currently on Craigslist so many months later. It does have the H&B cool factor though.

26 minutes ago, Coastalcrush408 said:

I went and looked at it 6-7 months ago when he first listed it. It needed a lot of love and he's asking too much which is probably why its still currently on Craigslist so many months later. It does have the H&B cool factor though.

supposedly it sold on eBay. We'll see. 

I see the CL ad is still up, makes me think it was shill'd on ebay, but I may be wrong. Selling price was around $6,500 SOLD on Monday 12/17/18. 

My research sorta showed several discrepancies first of which was the motor is not a 2.0 as should be for an early car. However that fact, the turbo e21 was likely not  offered until 1980, so this car is either a prototype test mule, maybe even Steve Dinan's or H&B personal car (which makes it cooler), or some later conversion circa 1980 in which the stripe kit and accessories where ordered and installed. Although-the H&B system used the Rayjay snail on their proprietary manifold that was designed with the "delta" flange made for the  Rajay unit. This car has a Callaway type four bolt square flange unit. Needless to say, The H&B cars were never certified for CA emissions like the Century system. An older thread on this car back in 2009 had Reeves Callaway comment that the engine is something to consider with this car-meaning it's suspect given the claimed H&B system installed. Me thinks it's an adaption of the Callaway unit with a re-badged H&B placard on the charge pipes. Just my opinion, though this car should also have come equipped with the 3 piece H&B wheels. Nothing I have found mentions the addition of the extra gas tank as part of the H&B offering.   

but what do I know. 

Edited by conkitchen
  • Like 2