dbsfca

Referrals

10 posts / 928 viewsLast Reply

Hi all. Long time BMW2002 owner, with one sitting in the driveway that's been on hold while we've put our daughters through college. They're out now (almost), there's light at the end of the tunnel and I'm looking for recommendations for restoring my LBC (little blue car, as my daughter calls it). 

I'm in San Rafael, CA.

I was pretty active with the BMWCCA club in the 80's when I first got the car, and did a restoration with the paint and body (Anderson Beihl-Santa Clara) and the interior (XKSS+Franzini Bros.-San Rafael) along with ongoing repairs with Paul Heynneman BMW. 

I think someone totally insanely in love with these cars is what I'm looking for. 

thanks,

David

(edited)

Well, you're pretty dang close to JP @ A1 Auto if you wanted to keep an eye on the resto without having a long drive.

http://www.a1autoworks.com/dev/index-1.html

Then there's Tom Jones @ Casey Motorsports whose pretty dang close as well.

http://www.caseymotorsports.com/cms/Welcome.html

Good luck on the restoration David, both the above guys would be more than capable of doing a great job.

Edited by AceAndrew
  • Like 1

Update....It's been a while and the car is back. Paul Heynneman at Heynneman European did the engine, brakes and 5 speed transmission. I'm now waiting to begin work on the interior,  chasing down small items, removing a LOT of rust in the tire well, unfreezing frozen parts, etc. Also working on adapting the ashtray as a potential iPhone holder, but exploring other options. 

It's good to be back.

Bimmer.jpg

Bimmer 02.jpg

it's baaack.jpg

it's baaack back.jpg

• Like 5

For the future I could recommend Bill Arnold in San Rafael, a true early BMW wizard whos been there for over 30 years

• Like 2

Between Bill Arnold, Casey Motorsports and closeness to Franzini Bros., you have great recourses to get the car sorted.

Eurotrash ie Jason Gipson has a build thread about the ashtray phone dock conversion. I did it several years ago. Now I installed a bluetooth receiver with a power plug in the glove box and never use the ashtray dock.

Jamic.com may have the tire well/trunk floor in stock.  

• Like 1

+2 on Bill Arnold. He resurrected my 69 which had been sitting in a backyard for 12 years. Great guy and will be honest with you as it pertains to what to bother with and what not to more importantly.

Jeff

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Met Bill in 1983 when I brought in this very same BMW to his shop. It was called Phaedrus, in a tiny 2nd floor shop on Fillmore St in SF, later moving to a more spacious ground floor place where their GT3 BMW 320i was built and raced at then Sears Pt. Raceway. I was delighted to see his name on the marquee over by Jacksons Hardware. 

• Like 1

In 1994 I pushed in a rolling chassis into Bill’s shop on a Friday morning, late Monday I drove it out as a re-ringed 1973 Tii conversion with a 245 5 speed and limited slip as well as a complete Ground Control suspension kit 

that at was a long weekend for the 2 of us

😅👍

• Like 1