Chamonix72

Time for me to come clean: I'm now a Chevy truck owner

14 posts / 920 viewsLast Reply

What?! OK, so it's not as exotic as a Porsche or BMW bike, but it's new to me, and I'm excited about it. My girlfriend and I sold our VW camper because we weren't really into it and we needed a truck around the house. The seller never thought he would sell the truck, but he needed to move out of state.

It's a '72 C10. Rebuilt motor, 700R4 overdrive transmission, tastefully lowered. It has a couple of small issues, and I am currently installing 3 point seat belts. But it's basically usable just as it sits.

Pics!!!

9e3680b598f1757702ea421e7bb49fed.jpg1c9fc80e6a55989e671f86543d043808.jpgb59a1c10348ad3ede7fcaac8051eadda.jpg585cfd328dab6e297bdfe8e4c0806754.jpg

Nice!  Same year as your 2002 : )

67-72 Chevy and GMC are my favorite trucks.

I assume you have been to this site http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php

I have a 72 C20 Suburban (that pulls a 72 Chevy C10 trailer).

003_zpsuv6bsuhc.jpg

Does yours have rear coil springs, or leaf springs?

Does the distributor cap have the little door, so you can set the dwell while the engine is running? B)

I like it.  My first car ever was a C10 Blazer.  I owned it for a few months, and took it to a mechanic.  He said "#1 is down to 17 pounds compression".  I said "It's down 17 pounds?".  He said "NO, its down TO 17 pounds.  It might fire if you change the plug every day".  Woof.

I ended up selling it after owning it for a year.

Answers:

This has rear coil springs. The rear was lowered with springs and shocks (with relocators for the shock mounts. The distributor has been converted to HEI. I have been to that message board, but haven't joined. Yet.

The belt line trim was removed for an unknown reason. The seller said he had it, but couldn't locate it. I'm undecided about replacing it. I kind of like the knee trim only.

The previous owner is a machinist so the dash knobs, door lock pulls, e-brake release are all custom made by him. I didn't like them when I saw the pictures online. But now that I know the story, they are staying.

The gas tank will eventually get relocated. But it's in good shape, so not a pressing issue.

Also, I wanted a '60-66. And my g/f and I looked at a bunch. One we really liked, but with manual steering and a non-synchro 4speed, my g/f didn't like having to manhandle it. So, we opened up our search to the '67-72. This one has PS and PB along with the overdrive auto trans. Oh, and 3:73 posi out rear. Yes, we have done a burnout.

I really like the coil spring rear suspension design.

I think it handles really well.

I am pretty sure 72 was the last year they offered it.

I prefer the beltless trim-look, myself.

It looks like you may have the faux wood knee trim. :)

My trailer has some of that.   

IMG_0739.jpg

How bout a Blue ford?  2nd Owner 1970 F100.  351 windor/C6.  All new interior heat/AC.  Lokar and Dakota Digital dash

I've got a 71 C10 project that is stalled now that I working on the 2002. Would be thrilled to be able to drive both next summer

Now

IMAG0471_zpsdd67375a.jpg

Inspiration

a206bafca3f311e39dcb1251397b48ff_8_zpsce[/url]

Edited by Fatherof3

IMG_0739.jpg

How bout a Blue ford? 2nd Owner 1970 F100. 351 windor/C6. All new interior heat/AC. Lokar and Dakota Digital dash

Shhhhh...I actually prefer the Ford of this era, but my other half is decidedly pro-Chevy.