• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M20/2002 drive shaft length

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ony of you m20 experts happen to remember how much you cut off your drive shaft? I just measured and double checked my drive shaft lenth and it looks like I need to shorten it exactly 6.5". (With a m20 and a 323 5 speed) Seems right but I thought I would compare notes before heading to the drive shaft shortening shop tomorrow...

Any of you m20 experts happen to remember how much you cut off? This seems right but I just wanted to

Guest Anonymous

I just checked my notes..of course half of them are at the shop, but what I have on my computer says the total length was 56 9/16. I remember it was around 6.5" inches, within half an inch of that I think. 6.6 less maybe? Either way, the total was for sure 56 9/16.

Matt

Guest Anonymous

I am using a getrag 245 from a '82 320i with a 323i 5speed bellhousing, so that may account for the measurement difference? I dunno, can't remember if there was as difference

Matt